Chapter 15: Quarantine Time

Alina's POV

The chirping of birds rose me from my deep slumber. I open my eyes and look around the unfamiliar place as I rise up from the cold hard ground. Where am I?

I hear a strong voice calling out to me and I turn around frantically, looking for the source. I walked forward slowly to see my wolf Rhia standing in front of me but she looked different. She looked larger than normal and she had red markings on her forehead and on her coat. My eyes widened in adoration, taking in the sight as I reached out to touch her but stopped short when I noticed an unknown woman standing beside her.

She was wearing a one shouldered, silky white dress which faded into baby blue at the bottom. She looked ethereal, nothing like I've seen before. She was breathtakingly beautiful.

"Welcome my dear. I'm so happy I finally have the chance to talk to you." Her melodious voice called out to me.

"Who are you? What am I doing here? Why does Rhia look like that? What's happening?" I question in a rush, my voice laced with slight panic and confusion.

"Don't not worry child. No one can harm you here." She steps towards me with a reassuring, motherly smile. "My name is Juliana Serena Celene Wiltfang but I suppose you better know me as the Moon Goddess," She inclines her head in greeting.

My eyes widened in shock and my knees gave out from under me, making me fall forward onto my knees before her. My words escaped me completely.

"I understand this must seem a surprise to you child but do not fear me. We don't have much time; you must listen to me" She said seriously and all I could do was nod and listen closely.

"There was a time, many years ago, in which all supernatural creatures lived together in harmony. Werecreatures, vampires, fae and elves were united and lived peacefully. But they became greedy as time passed. Greedy for power which was not theirs to have and waged wars on each other, causing bloodshed and despair. Overcome by my rage and sorrow I sought out to punish them, thus the Vipers were born, creatures of darkness and death, stronger than all others before and without fear. And although it pained me, I abandoned them to their doom. Years later I realized perhaps I was too harsh in dealing out my judgement. They are my creations and I love them as my own, it would crush me if I were to end them without giving them a second chance. So I allowed them that second chance at restoring the balance and uniting the supernatural once more. I did it by creating two souls, good and pure of heart. They would be born into the world when the time was right and shall possess gifts that make them unlike any other. Their fate was sealed, to guide my children into prosperity once more. And so the prophecy was foretold," she speaks of an ancient prophecy known by all.

"But what does this have to do with me?" I ask.

"My dear child, it has everything to do with you. You are the one the prophecy speaks of. You and your other half, Xavier. Now that you have found each other and will soon bear each other's mark, destiny will play its hand. Where there is pureness, darkness awakens from its deep slumber seeking to destroy it. The Vipers will rise again, and I'm afraid I cannot control them as they were born out of my anger." Her words leave me speechless once more.

"Our time here is at its end. You must return and use what I have told you wisely. Goodbye my child." She brushes Rhia's coat and my sight fades away.

I woke up startled, sweating and panting, trying to sit up in his bed but an arm was holding me down. Xavier stirred at my movements and held me close.

"Babe what's wrong?" he asks groggily. I take a deep breath and hold onto him.

"No nothing hun, just a dream." I sigh, wanting to keep it to myself for a few moments so that I could grasp at the bomb the Goddess just dropped on me.