Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rain

The armed came to our tables and ordered us to fall in line, we immediately followed them and gone into two lines separated by gender. There were fellow young people who argue about having their third gender and of equality as a human but they didn't get to fight for their rights, armed men hold up their weapons straight to them to follow their just one order because in the Noble Land, the most beloved thing that everyone wants is getting out of disgrace and humiliation but those were just their dreams and hopes to be killed by this process. Noble Land is strict within a human's right, family, work and all the things we can do then.

We just wanted to live normal, without being seen as nothing and unworthy.

While getting in line, there were two command staff at the end where they handed over a backpack full of things that can be used round up to nine months of survival and a sedative—I don't know what it is for but I think it would make us feel asleep, to not know where we headed and easily woke up in a strange place.

"Hey..." the smart one whispered me from my back.

I just nodded to give him a response.

"I can track you out there..."

I don't have any idea what he's saying or going to but what actually he's trying to say must be useful.

"What are you saying?" I said, bowed my head so no one could see me upfront.

"I can locate you when we're out there."

"How?" I asked him because that's not gonna make sense, we don't have anything there but just ourselves getting into troubles on our life.

"Just give me some time..." he said. "I'll find you, Dylan."

When he said my name, there's a feeling of pride with it. Giving the thought that our given names aren't official yet he calls me by that. I don't care if that's against the rule but that what makes this game trying to oppress us, we have to do something that we cannot outrun back.

"Call me, Al."

"What does that mean?"

"Just that, Dy, I can't give it away..."

I nodded as a response that I understand his reasons. When I got closer to the commanding staff, they gave me a p backpack and I think, all the things I needed were already in the bag and I hope all of the things can be found inside were helpful and tactical. Next thing, another commanding staff injected me the syringe filled with unknown sedatives, after that an armed men escorted me going out of the door and a flash of light blinded my sight and my vision adjusted, I saw a tanker and they put me there with some fellow initiators but I couldn't recognize their faces and all of it were blurred and can't think clearly.

One thing I remembered before my vision blacked out, I found the dreaded girl on the same vehicle.

My head hurts when I move a little, I slowly opened my eyes to seek where I am but there are only lone grey clouds leaning up above and I don't know where I am. When I felt small drops of rain falling and when it touches my skin, it is cold but ended up burning my skin. I immediately stood up from lying in the middle of the street and have to found myself some shelter away from the rain.

I ran across the road, there were buildings and abandoned store each side and all looks of it were creepy and luckily found some store with a broken glass window and took the head of it. I put my backpack on my head just to keep me safe from burning but it took the hurting and it burns the cloth of it. I ran as fast as I could and break enter the abandoned store. I chase my breath as I lay down and sit to ease the pain of the burning from the rain.