Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Signal

I was thinking of how to escape this white four-walled room. I don't want to have a pang of guilt about my brother keeping me safe here but what can I do more if I'm just prisoned into this room. I wanna act, not just by watching but by doing things that could infiltrate the activities of the High Council. Conrad told me that he never got too close to the members of High Council whenever he likes, they have been surrounded by guards and many securities. He can only get to them when he needed to presented materials for the rebirth and that's his only way to cope up with some information about them and nothing more.

My brother didn't get back to me last night, he had sent me a message through the tech that he couldn't come to my room because he was occupied by some of the staffs and can't just leave without sufficient reasons because they might notice that he's gone and he couldn't risk that matter.

And so in the other way, I explored this white room. Except for the automatic toilet bowl coming out from the vent, there are also some hidden things hiding behind the walls. There are some cabinets that got some hidden buttons to show up. There's nothing on it, Conrad didn't bother to fill up those cabinets with goods. I'm also trying to find out some way out and that's a hard one for me.

I heard the mechanism sound of the door opening and it showed my brother, he fully utilize the lights of the room and he saw me roaming around the dark room. I normally acted walking back to the bed and sat on it. And I think he didn't notice it.

"What are you doing, buddy?" he asked.

I shook my head, "got to pee."

"Well, that's not where the toilet is."

"I was going around, there are no lights."

"You could've opened it." He countered.

I smirked, "you know what brother, I gotta go back to sleep."

"No, hear me out first." He said stopping me. I did not go back lying down on the bed and put my attention to him. I was just acting, so he wouldn't catch me doing strange things. "I need your help and this time, I'm gonna need you on the outside."

My ears heated when he told me about going out, and that immediately caught my interest. "I'm listening."

"The High Council will gonna have a meeting starting nine in the morning until three in the afternoon. It is my only chance to get more information about them and I couldn't do it alone and it had to carry fast enough without being stepping at troubles. Are you in, buddy?"

I nodded, didn't need time to think of it. "Of course, I'm in. So, what does this plan acts for?"

"Sure," he said. "The purpose of the High Council meeting was for the second trimester of the Rebirth so-called pregnancy trials. This time the risks are getting higher, the tests and challenges are getting hard and difficult and mostly this is the time where the participants will experience a more physical and emotional breakdown. The abortion still exists at this point but that doesn't much to occur because as the pregnancy says the participants are holding stronger into the womb of their hopes and dreams, and to survive from danger. It is likely simply to say that the High Council could still send more dangerous tactics on the field but that won't happen if we act now and stop them."

As I'm trying to understand all of what he said, one by one it all makes sense but still doesn't make me sure of what's happening but that gives me some heads up already.

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"We're gonna sneak in into High Council's office."

"That's impossible, brother. You know that is secured and we wouldn't even pass their defenses. How do you manage to do that?"