Chapter 49

Chapter 49

We are changing our future

"Welcome, buddy," he said, widening his arms and I didn't hesitate and walk towards him and hugged him tightly. I hold my tears and be not emotional for the moment, but I'm so happy that he's okay. That once again we got to see each other again. When we lose our arms on each other, I could see the smile on his face and it's like he'd never done it before. "Glad you made it here, buddy."

"I know... it's a long way but we made it." I said, scratching my head. "But what are you doing here? And them?"

He nodded, notified by my curiosity. "It's a long story but I'm willing to tell you all about the gathering here, Dy. But for now, someone would like to see you."

"Who?" and when I ask him, he didn't answer instead he pointed a direction where the person whom I wanted to see come out from the sea of crowd. And from that moment, I couldn't hold my tears and my emotion just flow out. I run into her direction and hugged her tight. Her sobs make me want to hold her forever and I couldn't ruin the moment because these past few weeks, I've been thinking about my Mom and seeing her today is like a gift. My heart was full of mixed emotion and happiness was limited to define it. I couldn't just say anything but the gesture says it all.

I miss my Mom.

When I lose my hugged on her, I cupped her face and kiss her every corner of her face. "God, I miss you, Mom."

She just laughs, and that's music to my ears. "I miss you too, my son. How are you holding up?"

"Never better." I smiled, "just be with my family is enough and everything that happens goes away." I couldn't contain my happiness, it's overflowing and everyone around us showered their support and love to us. "Do you know what we are doing here?"

"That's my part to tell, buddy." Conrad said, "and I probably should start now before everything got too late."

When Conrad and Althea lead their way to the stage, everyone put up their attention on them. This is the moment they're waiting for and I think they're prepared for what's coming. I have been wanting to see how my brother would come to gather a lot of people and follow his lead and I couldn't imagine that that time has come. He's now leading and I think it's a much big movement to take on.

Mom and I take a position at the corner and I also introduce her to Al who's been good to me all along of the process. The two of them get along to each other and my Mom was thankful enough that Al has been there to take part in my brother's plan.

When my brother steps into the stage, I took a deep breath and prepare myself to listen to his announcement. This is too surreal. I never thought it would become like this.

"Good day, people. You may have seen me from earlier on this stage but now, I would like formally to introduce myself to everybody at this place. I'm Conrad Bertrand, former technology supervisor of the High Council and a Null person." His words start a murmur around and I could tell that they're listening now to a former member of the High Council. They had doubts and hesitations and it's their rights. "I'm not here as part of the High Council. Just make me clear that. I'm here as a Defector of their cruel system and from this day forward we're putting down the High Council." And that also follows a lot of murmurs around when they aren't sure if he's saying because they know how powerful the High Council is.

I understand their sentiments and I know the feeling of what might get wrong. Just like what happened to the building where the defectors are staying.