Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Glass Jungle

I wake up in sudden terror of a nightmare. That was close and I'm still chasing my breath for that unusual thing happening in my head and I can say that it is the most frightening one that could happen if it would be gone to reality. The High Council were killing off the hundred people who are going through a rebirth and even myself, couldn't help myself and killed right on it but I was glad that it is all a product of my head—a nightmare all along.

When I sit up from laying down and took a deep breath, the next thing that caught my attention was the missing person as with me in this room. I hurriedly come to find my things on the living and gladly to found it there but there are no marks of Al here, his backpack was gone and I think he left without me.

I removed the black cloth from the window and the sunlight welcomes my face, I blink for few times to adjust my vision and come to see that the flood was going off, and I see some people who are getting through it to get by and lead to wherever they have to. I don't know where to go, but to be nowhere 'cause this time only survival is the reason I have to keep on living.

I grab my backpack and get some food we brought and all these wouldn't be sufficient to last long, maybe one to two weeks—maybe just one and a half week because you wouldn't know what happens and hunger is our first problem here. I eat what I can take and after, I just decided to go on the road and find a new house to stay.

Sneaking out of the room, I think that there's no one around because every corner is quiet and I think that's a good sign. When I'm about to head on the staircase, I heard a lot of rummaging footsteps and a lot of voices coming from men. I immediately took a hiding spot behind the almost hanging dirty curtain and kept myself in silent until they pass through. A moment later, I heard they're breaking the doors to get inside the rooms and might be searching for some alive individuals and who knows what are they capable of.

"There's nothing here," one man said.

The other man hissed, "we should leave, this place is shit."

"Yeah... dead people on the rooftop."

"We should go now."

And the next thing they did was running off downstairs, I gave a few minutes to let it go and set myself out of hiding when I knew they were gone. I walked down through the very first floor and when I see the exit, I timidly open the door to see if there some people around but it's clear and just the shallow water but I think it is going to dry up sooner.

I don't know where I am heading but just to a place where I can be safe and killing isn't their drama. Procrastinating all over the place somehow stopped me when I heard a familiar sound of the engine and when I follow it from where it coming from, my eyes widened to see how things go unexpectedly.

There were two people at him, the one who's trying to start the motorbike and the other one was holding Al's arm and by the looks of it, he couldn't escape from the gripped he has been on. I slowly, sneaking in towards them and while grabbing a rock that big enough to make him passed out of it. I targeted the man who's on the motorbike, and when I shoot the rock, I thought it wouldn't go straight to him because I got to throw it so high but it was so smooth that it landed right into his head that made him fall to the ground. The other one immediately comes to help his friend but on the opportunity to take by Al, he kicked him in the nuts.

I entered the scene and Al was shocked to see me, and I don't know what it is that for him but I hastily jumped into the motorbike.

"C'mon, Al! Get here, before he got up!"