Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Where it all started

As the three of us, we're traveling halfway out of the Noble Land, I was still trying to figure out what Althea's plan. My brother never got to tell his side and just now, Althea's giving hints about it. I'm still hoping for a better life. Even though things changes, more of risk chances are at the top of our head, we couldn't still give up just because we are outnumbered. There are still ways on how to develop such instances that could make the High Council fall on their own feet.

"And now, we're leaving the Noble Land," Althea said as passed through the signboard says, leaving Noble Land. "This ride will gonna take more few hours before we reach our destination." She added when we're seeing across a tunnel that we're driving towards.

We're approaching closer to the tunnel called Endless Tunnel and I don't know why it was called like that but we'll see when we got to experience the tunnel.

When we enter the tunnel and darkness envelop our surroundings. Our visions were slowly adjusting from the dark. There are also some lights on the walls of the tunnel which also give some lights to the darkness and help us to get see from it. From our car's headlights only we got to see what's on our way. Althea tried to blow the horn and it just echoed many times. We laughed but suddenly got to think it is a long, exhausting ride to get passed through the tunnel.

She also told that there's no other way of getting out of Noble Land. One possible travel option was the air flight but we don't have an aircraft to fly and that's an option we couldn't risk because if we would fly into the air, we could be easily seen by the High Council and I think that'll end us.

"What are you thinking, Dy?" Al said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I look at him, shaking my head. "Well, that's not what I'm seeing. I think you're thinking of something that bothers you, what is it, Dy? But if you aren't comfortable telling it, that's okay. I understand."

I look at the rear view mirror and sees Althea's face that also waiting for my answer.

"Alright," I started and they were all ears on me. "It wasn't that deep but got me thinking somehow... what if we don't make it—I mean our plan didn't succeed. What could go wrong for us?"

"That was deep, Dy." Althea corrected.

Al scoff, "you're on the wrong side of hopes, Dy." He said, my brow raised on him. "It is not right, maybe, to think that we're planning can go all wrong and our fates will be determined by the High Council's cruelty. We make our fate and that won't be put up on their hands. We'll end this in the right way. I know you're more than that Dy. I know you believe in yourself more than anyone else, don't give up your hopes."

"The thing is..."

He patted my shoulder, "I know what you're thinking. They could kill us, yes can do that but we can stop them doing that. Do it for your family. Do it for the ones we lost. Do it for the world we didn't deserve."

I took a deep breath and contemplate everything they said. I know I shouldn't deprive myself of thinking those things but I couldn't help when we were in between of situation where we could save a thousand of lives or ended up risking them and what worse could happen, we could all end up dead.

And that's the scariest part running in my head every time we make a move.

I come in silence while looking at the vast darkness outside.

For few hours, Althea couldn't just drive the car by herself that's why we do some rotation in which an hour after someone will replace the driver's seat to continue driving and to relax their hands and feet from it.