9: Poison Master (2)

Chapter 9: Poison Master(2)
Vote and comment:)

After putting their stuff into a small room, Jing Xuan finally realised that she had left Jing Jie outside, behind the wall. Guiltily, she headed out to look for him.

As Jing Xuan set her gaze upon Jing Jie, she could see his face flushed red with anger and hurt, not only that tears were slowly welling up in his eyes. Seeing this had caused Jing Xuan to panic, she really do not know how to handle a crying child ah!

"Im sorry! Oh no, don't cry! Um I'll buy you candies okay! Oh gosh" her lacklustre pacifying failed so she picked him up and patted his back to calm him down. Which he then buried his head into her neck.

"Okay okay... i will no- try to not leave you behind next time okay?" She consoled as she patted his head.

Realising that the house is actually too small to suddenly house three people, she decided to find an inn and stay there for the time being.

"Um, whats your name?" Jing Xuan asked Chen Zhi Hao as he sat on the chair at a corner.

On the table, a book was spread opened and with a quick glance Jing Xuan knew its a medicinal book about herbs.

"Zhi Hao" he introduced.

"Well, i am Jing Xuan and he is Jing Jie." She introduced as she took a seat beside him.

"Jing Jie you can go play around or stay in the inn." Feeling aggrieved as his master is currently chasing him away, he felt extremely hurt.

"2 Chicken Wings with-"

"Coconut ice!" He shouted excitedly. Showing him an okay sign, he left happily. Zhi Hao looked with interest at their interactions and when Jing Xuan turned to meet him, he concealed his feelings of intrigue and continued on.

"First of all, learning poison is very tough and it takes a very long time as they're are a lot of processes and things to learn.

Before being a Poison user or whatever you wish to call you must be skilled or have basic skills of being a physician or better if you're an alchemist. Not only that, you must be able to recognise and distinguish between different type of plants and herbs.

Basic poison is made from poison plants grind with herbs and some additional stuff, knowing the right amount and quantity for each herb and plant can created the poison with a higher potency compared to others without accurate quantity.

So how long before you have to leave?" He asked

"27 days." She replied

"Thats not very long. Since it's this case, I'll teach you to make a few simple poison but you must first try to memorise as many herbs and plants be it poisonous or not. Then if you have any request on certain type of poison you wish to know you can tell me."

"Will you be teaching me how to refine pills?" She asked.

"Of course, its a must to create Poison pills. Although there is no lacking of alchemist around, however not a lot are talented and the quality of the pills arent the best. Moreover, making a pill in less than a month is tough so we'll just see if you have the gift for it."

He sounded like an old man... HAHA

"Yes. So now i just have to memorise this book?" Jing Xuan asked in which he nodded and started doing his own stuff.

Well, memorising stuff is my forte!

She sat there with Zhi Hao as she looked through the book, reading and memorising the different plants and herbs, and their uses. The Poisonous flower/plant 'Blood Spirit Dance' it was named after the colour and appearance of it. The plant is blood red in colour and can only be found near grave yards which house thousands of spirits, and the plant is shaped like a spiral which looks like a dance when it moves with the wind.

The Blood Spirit Dance is very Poisonous and highly concentrated. Combine this plant with the poisonous fang of the kylwolf it will create a poison that will slowly eats away the inside of the person, and when they die the poison will turn their skin into nothingness.

However, consuming Blood Spirit Dance will let the consumer be immune to all poison however a slightly high price must be made. Blood must be offered to the Blood Spirit Dance on a full moon until the Blood Spirit Dance emits a white mist.

"This Blood Spirit Dance! I want to have it!" She said excitedly after reading all about the plant.

Upon hearing her words, Zhi Hao at the side was staring at her naivety. The book had never told anyone about the risk of trying to get the plant, however he himself knows about the secret danger that awaits foolish humans who wishes to take the Blood Spirit Dance.

"Stop being naive. The Blood Spirit Dance is very hard to obtain and there are countless of beings and even spirits protecting it." He explains.

Jing Xuan remained silent, I should just focus on the simpler poison when I'm stronger and more advanced in the knowledge of poison then I'll go get the plant! With that on hand it is the same as being half immortal! If Zhi Hao knew what she was thinking he would've puked blood.