30: Injured & Lost

Chapter 30: Injured & Lost

AUTHOR NOTE: HEY MY LOVES! Exams are about to start and i need to revise cause my math is failing like badly so updates will be very slow!!!

As everyone got out of the tunnel, Zhi Hao was hugging his parents and sister and the others helped the wounded. Jing Xuan stood behind TingXiao and could hear his rapid breathing.

"Are you oka-?" Before Jing Xuan could finish saying what she wanted to, TingXiao who was  beside her collapsed.

She panicked and as she bent down and picked TingXiao up. She placed her hand on his back and heard a loud grunt, realising that the slash he had protected her from had injured him so badly she felt extremely guilty. She looked at her hand and realised that her hand is full of blood, she panicked.

"M-Ming De! Help him on the horse... we need to go!" Jing Xuan stuttered, she felt completely at a lost and she doesn't know what to do. Very quickly Ming De got TingXiao up on his horse and they rushed back to town.

Jing Xuan ripped apart TingXiao's attire once he was placed on Zhi Hao's bed. Her face scrunched up as she looked at how deep the cut was, she silently cursed as she realised that she hadn't noticed his suffering. Not only was the cut deep, his blood was thick and blackish.

"He's been poisoned by Snake Poison, That why he's blood is turning this way. I have some antidote" Zhi Hao explains as he reached around his drawer and pulled out a bottle, he poured out 2 pill and popped it into his mouth.

"Zhi Hao do you know how to save him?" She asked, as she doesn't know the extend of Zhi Hao's skills in healing.

"I'm afraid i'm unable to help, we need to call for a physician." He said. She started panicking again, as she realised that the physician are all probably sleeping and she wasn't sure where they are at.

Suddenly, a group of hidden guard came into the room and looked around looking for someone. They then rushed towards the bed and before anyone in the room could comprehend, the guards picked TingXiao up and left immediately.

"What just happened?!" Jing Xuan yelled as she looked around in a daze, TingXiao is gone...

Jing Xuan did her best to try to find where TingXiao was at but she wasn't able to find him and very quickly a week have passed. Feeling exhausted, she decided to head back to the army camp.

"Don't worry, those people are probably his bodyguards." Uncle Ming De patted her head as he heads back into his tent. Not knowing about TingXiao's life and death, she felt really guilty and sad.

When Jing Xuan was at army, she was always out of sorts worrying everyone around her. Lieutenant Gui couldn't take it anymore and summoned her into his tent.

"Jing Xuan, what happened when you were at Ville Morte?" he asked.

"nothing..."

if he is dead... its all my fault... i brought him into this...

"Do you want to go back home?" lieutenant Gui asked, she looked up at his words with a face of lost. Maybe back at the capital she would have a higher chance of finding TingXiao.

She nodded her head slowly, Lieutenant Gui very quickly finished settled the documents and Jing Xuan returned home in two days time. This time a little Jing Jie was also tagging along.

"JieJie, cheer up! TingXiao gege must still be alive and is just recovering, once he had recovered he will come find you!" Jing Jie said in the carriage as he looked over at his now constant detached sister.

"En" she nodded to Jing Jie's words, Jing Xuan looked out of the window as she feel the wind. In the little days they had spent together, the bud of love was slowly blooming inside the both of them. Completely clueless about anything romantic, she wasn't aware of her growing feelings.

They got off the carriage and headed into the manor and was greeted by hugs from her parents, Jing Xuan already felt better.

"Why have you decided to return? Are you staying here for good?" Lee Jiao Yu asked as they walked into the manor's hall.

"Something happened and i wanted to rest. Most probably staying here until i get married off" she smiled.

"Good, if you're back here and leaving the military the emperor would not have anything to say." Xuan De said

"Jing Er must be very tired from the journey, you should head back to your room." With that, Jing Xuan was dismissed from the hall and back to her room.

Jing Xuan sat on her bed as she stared at nothing, as her window was opened she could feel the sudden gust of wind and the familiar scent of Lavender and scandlewood.

The window that was facing towards the west was slowly opened further, hearing the slightly squeaky noise that was heard when pushing the windows she turned her head.

A bright smile slowly formed on her face as she stared at him smiling back at her.

he's back.