Chapter 9

Ava buries herself on her FAVORITE couch the moment they step in. She had missed it. Anyway, she noticed Colton wasn't happy and she thought she knew why. She sat up looking at him as he walked past her, going inside. He had every reason to be angry with Ava, she has hidden more than enough things from him.

He walked out handing Ava her notepad and pen with his face not breaking into the slightest of smiles. "Start writing " he says looking down at Ava, then turning his back.

"And I'm  sure you know what I'm  talking about " he finishes. She looks up from her notepad over to Colton with the slightest of fear shown on her face. She wasn't ready to tell her story yet which will send Colton howling and so mad. She looks at him with that face that says "I don't know what you are talking about "

Colton's face seems to darken as he jerks up from the seat "Ava don't you dare behave like you don't know what I'm  talking about "

"For fuck sake, who was that man and why did he kidnap you? I won't ask you how you got mute, you can tell me whenever you dim fit, but I'm asking you for your fucking safety" he growls making Ava shiver. Ava begins writing as she eyes him before returning her gaze to the book...

Can you at least stop shouting? I already have a headache.

She shows it up to him and he stands up pacing up and down before he nods.. "Okay, Avalon Williams, I'm no more yelling, now tell me what I need to know before I loose my temper and I'm sure you don't want me to"
She roll my eyes longer than expected to make him see it. He sees her rolling her eyes and growls. She starts writing...

And what will happen when you loose you temper?

She knows pretty well she was making him loose his temper, he read it and let out an angry growl "you are fucking making me loose my temper, Ava" she smiles and begin writing..

At least stop saying the F word.
She holds it up to him sticking our her tounge for him. "Ava you are testing my patience, and I'm not finding that funny, you know I'm  not"

His phone rings and he let's out a frustrated grunt before picking the call. The call wasn't long but annoyed the wits out of him. He puts his phone back into his pocket and glares at Ava.

"This isn't over Ava, I will be back" he says stomping out and banging the door making Ava shiver. Colton hardly gets angry with Ava, anyway in this case, he has every right to be, they have been best friends since like fore ever but Ava's just keeping the most important detail about her life away from him, even when she knew all about him.

Calvin's POV

Today is just gonna be a very bad day at work, I did feel bad for trying to beat the daylight out of my secretary, she really didn't deserve any of that but apologizing wasn't something I want to do, not that I know how to do it anyway.

I adjust my tie and enter into the elevators, I walk out and walk towards my car which Fredrick was already  holding the door patiently waiting for me to enter, my escorts standing beside the car behind my Porsche which they will drive with. My phone buzz in my pocket as I enter into the car, I bring it out to see Collins. I grunt before picking...

"Collins.. What's is it?" I ask rolling my eyes, the other line sounded like a place where there was music, slow music.

"Calvin you okay?

Oh really? That is why he called me. I feel so irritated, Collins knows I hate stuffs like this. I am only enduring this nonsense coz he's like a brother to me. But I must admit, he's like the brother I never had. He got me contracts, connections. he is just the best. Sometimes I must admit, Dad and mom's death was an advantage to meet Collins and his mom. Dad was a hot tempered person like me, I totally took that bad side of him. He was so dedicated to his work, he hardly had time for me and mom. I barely finished university when he died and willed everything to me and my mom, making me promise not to let him down. But not too long after, mom died too.