Chapter 18

Cover by... KokobyCole.... Thank you so much.

This is however the longest chapter I have ever written. Approximately 3500 words. I feel so happy and fulfilled.

Okay... Enjoy!

Calvin

I look down from my laptop to Ava as she coughs holding her chest. I begin rubbing her back.
"Are you okay? " I ask, getting a little scared. Of course I should, I mean I made the soup myself, and I'm sure I didn't put anything in it coz I was gonna take it before she came and asked for it.

She begins scratching her skin profusely as it turns red, what could this mean? I am totally confused. I wanted to ask her what the hell is wrong but she is fucking mute... Oh hell, this girl needs to learn how to start talking.

Her skin starts shedding blood but she still scratches it regardless. I try to stop her but its impossible, I take a look at the bowl of soup like as if I could see what's making her behave like this. Okay I can't take this anymore, since I don't know what's going on with her and she can't talk, I will just have to take her to the hospital. I carry her bridal style and head quickly into the elevators, I feel so impatient like I feel like taking the stairs but that will be stressful.

I patiently wait for the elevator to stop which felt like hours before I rush outside and into my car.

•••••••

"What happened to her, Mr Bates? " the doctor ask after they rolled her inside.

"She... She... She started coughing and scratching after she took.. a few spoons of the onions soup I made" I stuttered, I was getting scared, what had happened to her? Was it from my soup? Did I put something in the soup without my knowing? Coz I would never put something that would kill me if I took it. For some reasons I was getting scared.

"Okay sir, I will go check up on her and get back to you " the doctor says and I nodded before heading to the seats and sitting down. People passed and I hear few gasps and murmuring and obviously people taking pictures. Who would want to take pictures when I'm in just joggers and a top. I cover my face.

"Please no pictures " I say calmly and thank God the respect my opinion coz my next plan was to break someone's phone so others will learn.

The doctor comes out and I rush to him almost tripping. "Is she alright? " I ask. He smiles before answering me.

"Yeah she's fine, it was just an allergy. She's allergic to onion" I heave a sigh. Who in the world is allergic to onion. That is weird. I nodded at the doctor.

"You can take her home tonight, she's fine. We just applied some things on her skin so that the bruises will heal, other wise she has calm down. She's fine" the doctor assured me and I shaked him, grateful.

I open the passenger's door of my black Audi as she enters. I could tell she's embarrassed. I mean who wouldn't? She scratched her skin like her life depended on it. I close the door smirking.

"My mom's been calling me to ask of you and Collins practically scolded me for kidnapping you, I told them you are fine anyway" I say turning to her as she gives me a slight smile, I notice the little mark on her neck caused by me. But seriously what kind of a man am I?. There was an awkward silence in the car as she just stares out the window, her blonde hair covering her face.

"Ava?" She turns to look at me.

"I'm so sorry for hurting your neck. I didn't mean to" I say sincerely. She smiles at me and nods.