Chapter 19

Dedicated to Ria0904

Madam A holds me as we head inside ahead of others.

"Alison do not say bad things about me" Calvin yelled behind us and I smiled so did Madam A. We enter her room and sit down. Okay, now I'm beginning to wonder what she wants to talk about.

"Ava hope he wasn't hard on you? " she asked looking worried. I smiled shaking my head.

"Are you sure? " I nod. She heaves a sigh of relief as she looks into my eyes, I'm beginning to get scared, did she want to tell me that she didn't need my services any longer, was my food bad? or have I done something wrong? Well she didn't look angry or something like that.

"I'm happy he wasn't hard on you, I guess my plea worked" she said. Oh he was nice to me because she begged him, he looked sincere with it though.

"I just wanted to tell you that you are a woman with a heart of gold, I like you a lot and I don't want to loose you at all" okay I'm not understanding her anymore, what did she mean?
I look at her blankly as she heaves a sigh then continues.

"I know you think Calvin is a beast or he's such an arrogant bitch.... "
... how did she know that's what I call her son.... He's such an arrogant bitch.

"He's arrogant, I know but that's how he grew up. He lost his parents when he was so young, and they left him to deal with everything. It was so much for him that he locked out everyone. He's someone who knows how to bottle up his emotions and pains. My son and I, who were the only people close to him tried to be there for him."

She smiles as she continues. "then one day, he asked me if he could call me mom, just to fill in that blank space in his heart. I agreed. I wanted to be there for him coz his mom made me what I am today. So I promised myself that I will be there for him."

"You know? Collins and him looks just like brothers. Runs their businesses like brothers, they help each other out. And to me I have two sons, not one". She touches me on the shoulder.

"I want you to know that the little time you got to know us, you have changed him, he may not tell you that but I know thats how he feels, he also has a heart, he has a soft spot"
I look at her blankly, no particular expression written on my face, coz right now I don't know how to feel.

"And he has a soft spot for you, no matter what he does to you, no matter how arrogant he is, please for my sake, don't leave him " my eyes falls off my sockets as I stare at her. What the hell did she mean by don't leave him. I really can't stand arrogant people like him, and we are not even dating so why should I be with him.

I didn't notice Madam A clean a tear that falls off her eyes coz I was lost in my own thoughts. I look at her as I hold her hands, then she continues.

"I know he will tell you when he can, but I want you to know that he has feelings for you, no woman has ever distracted him from his work the way you do, he can't stop thinking about you. He's good at hiding his feelings but I'm like his mom, I know him no matter how hard he tries to cover up,..." She sniffles. " promise me you won't leave him" she says holding my hands as tears streams down her face. Why is she crying? Is something wrong? I wasn't getting anything again, I'm confused. Why is she talking like this all of a sudden.

"Please promise me, Ava" she says admist tears and I couldn't just help but nod my head, my eyes already filled with tears, I didn't know why she was crying but I'm already feeling bad. She hugs me so tightly mouthing a "thank you so much " every two seconds. I hold her back, trying to fight off the tears coz I don't even know why she's crying.