chapter 39

And immediately the doctor frowned.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Doctor how's Ava, is she okay?" I was beginning to get really scared, I didn't want to think the worst. If anything happens to Ava, i will forever be angry with myself. I led to all this, I stupidly hired her own father who she has been running away from, to protect her.

How could I be so stupid? Just how??

I hear heels clicking loudly on the floor as I turn to see Bethany.

"How's Ava, i came as soon as Cherry told me she was kidnapped and finally found"

"Is she okay?" She finally shut her mouth.

"Uhmm dunno yet, she gave me birth to the children prematurely, I was just asking the doctor how she is" I said turning to the doctor.

"Yes doctor, how's she?" Bethany breathed out.

"Uhmm she's fine Mr. Bates" I heave a loud sigh of relief. Thank goodness.

"But..." I quickly snap my head to the doctor. I hate it when people say good news but spoil it with a 'but'

"But what doctor?"

"Yes but what doctor?" Bethany repeated the exact same question I asked. I rolled my eyes.

"But..." The doctor continued.

"Due to the rope that was tied tightly on her belly, she had contractions on her womb" the doctor heaved a sigh.

"And?" Collins and Colton asked impatiently

"Yes what else doctor?" Bethany asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid she won't be able to conceive again." I felt the heavy hit on my heart. I open my mouth in shock.

I didn't care about any more child, I didn't care that she won't be able to conceive again. I really didn't have a problem with that. All I cared was Ava, and I have put her in pain, I caused all this, I was so stupid.

I caused all the pain she went through, ever since I met Ava, all I have ever did was to cause her pain.

I felt my eyes get wet, I try to blink but my view is already blurry.

"Uhmm doctor can I see her?"

"She's really tired now so she's sleeping but you can anyway" I nodded and followed him inside as Bethany and Collins trailed behind.
I entered into the ward to see her sleeping peacefully on the bed, her belly had reduced it's size just a little. Her blonde hair was covering a part of her face. I could see the tried tears on her face. I felt like slapping myself hard on my face.

I sit quietly beside her and grab her hand.
"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I swear I never knew he was your father. I'm so sorry baby I am I swear" I bury my face on her body and let the tears fall freely.
I felt a hand patting me on the shoulder.

"It's okay Cal, I'm pretty sure she's not blaming you" I hear Bethany say.

"Yeah man, you know Ava, she will never blame you for this". Collins added.

"Come on, let's let her rest and at least get the baby's things" she said dragging me up. I stand up and she hugs me, I slowly hold her.

"Don't worry Cal, Ava knows you didn't know. She knows you will never hurt her intentionally. She loves you okay?" I slowly nod to my step sister.

"Now come on, we need to get mother and children things okay?" She said as we step out.

Ava I'm so sorry.