Chapter 15

Thank you KokobyCole for this cover ❤❤❤❤

I feel a hand wrapped around my waist pulling me from behind forcefully.

I gasped as he lowered his head on my neck, his breath was giving me goosebumps, I felt the butterflies dance in my stomach, I was getting scared for reasons I didn't know.

"You were having a hard time eating there darling, are you alright? " he asks, I could feel his intimidating stare on me. I swallowed hard trying to stop my heart from beating so fast.

"Will you answer me? " his voice became so harsh and he pulled me again, this time harder. I gasped as I felt a tear run down my eye.

"Oh I forgot you are mute, oh sorry" he says mockingly before laughing. I was still in his grip and I couldn't find myself withdrawing. He held me still laughing. I just let the tears roll down, I felt pathetic, I felt so angry with myself that I couldn't open my damn mouth and tell him a fucking piece of my mind.

"Next time you lay these filthy hands of yours on me, you will regret your life" he said, his voice sounding so harsh and intimidating.

"What's going on here? Calvin? " I hear Madam A say in shock as I looked over to her, my view blurry from the tears, I yanked away from Calvin's grip and ran towards Madam A, crying into her shoulders.

"Calvin what in the world is wrong with you? Have you gone nuts? " Madam A shouted at him, as he walked away. She held me, stroking my hair.

•••••••

I wake up to the blinding light from the windows,  I rub my hands against my face. I stand and look at myself at the mirror, my hair scattered in all directions, probably tangled, I look like a real mess.

I take a quick shower and put on my normal tights and tank top before throwing my hair in a high bun and heading downstairs. I see Bridget in the kitchen and decide to help her out. I drop my book and pen on the counter and wave my hand to her as she smiles signalling me to come. I think Madam A told her I'm mute.

"You want to help out? " she asks and I smile nodding.

"Okay dear, thank you" she hands me a crate of eggs and tells me to make scrambled eggs while she toasts the bread and make coffee. I begin beating the eggs.

I pour the scrambles eggs on a plate and cover it ready to go serve them on the dining table as Bridget prepare the bacon. I take an apple and bite into it savouring the sweetness.

"And beautiful morning to you two" Madam A calls from the door of the kitchen. I smile and wave to her as Bridget greets her back.

"Ava we will be needing your services after breakfast, there is this get together so I will need five servings of chicken fried steak and Cobb salad " I nod at her attentively as I write her order down.

"Can you do that darling?"  I smile at her nodding.

"That's my girl, could you give me a call so my driver could come pick it up? " I nod.

She turns around to go and stops. "Oh sorry darling, one more thing. A friend of mine also needs your services, she wants you to prepare the food at her place. Three servings of jambalaya" I nod also writing it down.

"If you carry your own ingredients, your pay will increase but if you use hers, she will minus a little from your pay. Can you do that baby?" She smiles at me

I nod at her again, smiling.

"Good, see you later".

I finish breakfast, Calvin had left early, my joy knows no bounds, I had to eat alone with Madam A.