"nine"

❛ the good, the bad and the okay. ❜

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞."

The trio of best friends gathered around the sparkly, low cut dress that Missy was holding up against herself. They were looking for something to wear to the funeral of Nana Booth, and even though still extremely upset, the blonde smiled at Nas's blunt opinion on the dress as she placed the clothing back into her wardrobe.

After Missy concluded she had a better idea on what to wear, her and Nas quickly ran off to the market, leaving Angel alone at the Booth household - utterly confused as to why she was left behind.

Once she found out why she was left behind she knew exactly why, the two had stolen matching black dresses for the Booth sisters from a local market, something that Angel was completely against ever since her dad was sentenced to five years in jail when she was younger for robbing a shop - It left the Evan girl heartbroken that her father spent so long away from his family.

Soon enough the four teen girls and Miss Keane - who drove them - made their way to the local crematorium to watch Nana Booth's funeral from afar as it was the only one they could afford. Once at the top of the hill the teacher had asked the blonde sisters if the grandmother had a favourite poem to say in remembrance, this was currently why Missy and Haley were singing 'Bat out of Hell' which was Nana's favourite song.

"Like a bat out of hell, I'll be gone when the morning come, when the night is over Like a bat out of hell I'll be gone, gone, gone!" The two sisters sang as they tightly held onto one another, Angel smiled at the two who she saw as her family as she held Nas's hand. Miss Keane had then taken the two blonde's home whilst Nas and Angel walked into the local shopping centre.

Nas was meeting her dad to talk about the arranged marriage the teen didn't want, whilst Angel had gone to pick up a prescription her dad asked her to grab for him. The two best friends quickly said their goodbyes with a hug and both went their separate ways, the brunette slowly made her way into the pharmacy as she was in no rush to get home, what she didn't expect to see in the small shop was her boyfriend.

Cory stood by the till with a small box in his hands that Angel couldn't quite make out from where she stood. Just as she was about to go up to him he quickly turned around and the teen could see what was in his hands - condoms. Angels face burned red in embarrassment and without thinking she ducked behind a stand of plasters. Just as her boyfriend was about to walk out of the shop he spotted Angel's old jacket that he all knew too well.

"Uh, babe?" Cory questioned once he made his way over to the squatting girl, Angel cursed under her breath at being caught and stood up with a slightly red face.

"Hey, Cory." The brunette squeaked after picking up some random product from the stand she hid behind so she didn't look completely insane. Cory quickly realised his girlfriend had seen what he was just buying and his face matched Angel's in a heated complexion.

"Uh, these are for Riz, not me and Riz to use together, um he was having a girl over and was too embarrassed to get them," The teen boy babbled on nervously. It was true that his best friend had asked him to get protection for him due to his father's high reputation and Cory just hoped his girlfriend would believe him.

Angel suddenly got very shy which was very out of character for her, especially around Cory as all she did was subtly nod in reply to her boyfriends worrying speech. To make the awkwardness even worse for the teen girl Cory suggested going back to his house but Angel insisted they went back to her house as her dad was out with some of his work colleagues for the night.

The walk to her house went quickly and Angel felt anxious, it's not that she didn't want to sleep with Cory as she trusted him massively, it's just that she was scared to do so as it would be her first time. Once the couple had made it to the Evan's household they both decided to watch some Netflix on the sofa, that was until Cory had other ideas and started to kiss Angel's cheek constantly, the teen girl giggled at the cuteness of her boyfriend's actions and after a while of this she finally turned her head and the two teens lips finally met.

Angel's hands had weaved themselves into Cory's short hair whilst tugging slightly, this caused a small groan from the boy's mouth which also made Angel slip onto his lap from where she sat, just as things started to get hotter, Cory pulled away and leant his forehead against his girlfriends.

"I've wanted to tell you this for a while now, I think I'm in-" Cory started, but a lough coughing from the living room door stopped them. It was Angel's dad standing there with a glare on his face directed towards Cory. The couple quickly scrambled apart from their compromising position by both quickly standing up with bright red faces.

Angel was looking anywhere but her father's face and her boyfriend stood there awkwardly whilst scratching the back of his head. Nothing ever seemed to phase or scare Cory but the girl he really liked father terrified him massively.

"So, this is the boyfriend?" Ian asked as he stepped farther into the room. He wasn't mad at his daughter for having a relationship as he had met Cory before the two had started dating and he knew that he was a good kid, however, it didn't stop the father from messing with the couple for a while.

"I swear we were just watching tv!" Angel panicked. Her dad still stood there glaring before he broke into a smile which made both teens release a breath they didn't know they were holding.

"I'm messing with you, just make sure you treat her right," Ian concluded whilst grinning at the two before walking out of the room and upstairs.

"You're dad just scared the crap out of me." Cory whispered. The brunette broke into a matching grin to her fathers and then pulled her boyfriend into a hug, the teen boy hugged her back and kissed her forehead lovingly. Cory just wished her dad hadn't interrupted them as he was ready to tell her how much she really meant to him.

o. 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞.