"twenty three"

❛ let her just punch him once. ❜

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, Angel Evans was actually happy, sure there had been things going on recently in the girl's life that troubled Angel or made her upset, but for the most part the brunette was really enjoy...

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, Angel Evans was actually happy, sure there had been things going on recently in the girl's life that troubled Angel or made her upset, but for the most part the brunette was really enjoying life. She was currently joyfully walking into the locker room in order to meet her boyfriend before his rugby trials.

Angel had just caught up with Jordan earlier and insisted that he was going to stay at her house until he got his living situation sorted out, the younger teen boy reluctantly agreed as he hated troubling his best friend, his acceptance of her invitation made the girl feel on top of the word as she now knew that Jordan wasn't sleeping rough on the streets at night, and was rather crashing on her sofa with a warm blanket and some food in his stomach.

But alas, it seemed as the Evan's girl was cursed as whenever things seemed to be looking up for the brunette, reality crashed around her and made her miserable again. But what she never thought to be the reason for that would be her beloved boyfriend that she cared about so much.

Angel quietly walked into the boy's locker room as she didn't want to be caught by Mr Bell or any other teacher, she was getting giddy at the thought of spending time with her boyfriend and hopefully getting a few kisses with each other, but she soon heard two voices instead of just the one.

She quickly realised the voices that were chanting encouraging sayings before the game were, in fact, Naveed and Cory, the brunette let out a sigh of relief at realising it was just one of her boyfriends best friends and carried on into the locker room. That's when Angel's world seemed to fall apart around her.

Cory was stood there kissing Naveed and either of them seemed to be pulling away anytime soon, she watched them both for a few seconds in complete silence before they broke apart whilst both panting heavily, it seemed like the gears in the girls head seemed to move as Angel put all the signs together, the dirty looks Naveed gave her whenever she would kiss her boyfriend, the rolling of his eyes when he thought no one was watching - Naveed like Cory, and not just as a best friend.

"Angel? What are you doing in here?" A sudden voice broke her from her shocked state, this caused both boys to quickly turn to look at Mr Bell and Angel in both shock and slight embarrassment, neither of them knew if the brunette girl had seen them kiss but it was confirmed when Angel quickly wiped the tears from her face that she hadn't realised were there and walked out.

Mr Bell ignored the teen girls weird departure and began to reassure Cory that his trial in front of the rugby scout was going to go great. All Cory could do was nod and walk to the field like a zombie, he knew he had messed up but he was in too much shock to do anything else.

Angel had left to the back of the school grounds and leant against the wall to try and regain her posture, she wanted her boyfriend to run after her say everything was a mistake and that Naveed had kissed him, but she knew after ten minutes of being alone that wasn't going to be the case.

The brunette thought she was enough to tame Cory's womanizer and cocky ways, but after catching him cheating on her with Naveed, she guessed she was wrong. The girl loved her boyfriend to the point that it scared her slightly, and she normally put up with his flirty attitude towards people but that was were she drew the line.

After her mum cheated on her dad she promised herself that she would never be put into that situation by anyone, it's just unfortunate it was by the one boy she truly loved. The brunette slowly made her way out of the school and on the route home, her tears had dried up by now and she had come to the conclusion that she was going to break up with Cory as she knew she was worth more than his poor treatment of her.

It pained the girl to do this as she really didn't want to end things but she knew she had too. Luckily she was in a state of shock and sadness rather than anger as the text she sent to him was a lot calmer than what she would've sent the next day when she knew she would be extremely furious with the two boys, the message to her cheater of a now ex-boyfriend simply stated, 'we're over.' and she was just glad he was playing rugby and not on his phone as she didn't think she could deal with speaking to Cory at the moment.

Once at home, it seemed like something snapped inside the small girl, as instead of crying in her bed and eating ice cream like she usually wold when she was upset, she began to smash everything in sight, luckily for the Evan's family father that was only a few plates and glasses as she was in the kitchen, but she was now in a state of anger at herself more than the two boys that broke her heart, she wondered why she wasn't good enough for the boy, or why he thought he could treat her like dirt.

The knocking at her front door brought the girl out of her dangerous thoughts and she slowly went to get it, Jordan was stood there with his bag which made Angel sigh as she forgot about letting the younger Wilson brother sleepover. But Angel didn't blame her ex-boyfriend's little brother for any of this as he was still one of her best friends and was innocent in the whole thing.

"I thought you were staying to watch the trials? Cory broke Riz's neck!" Jordan commented as he walked into the small house, the teen boy was oblivious the girls saddened mood but quickly realised it Angel hadn't moved from her spot at the door.

"Cory cheated on me," Angel almost whispered after the boy had questioned her on what was wrong, her phone was now going off multiple times and she knew it was Cory by the personalised ringtone she had set for him, but she didn't bother to answer it. Jordan was angry that his brother had messed with the girl and quickly pulled her into a hug in some way to try and comfort his best friend.

"You are worth so much more than that." Jordan mumbled into her hair.

Even though the boy loved his brother he still didn't think what he had done was right, it didn't surprise him either which was why he was always wary of their relationship as well as the fact that he used to have a crush on the brunette.

Angel nodded as he knew his words were right, she did deserve more than this and in that moment she decided that she wasn't going to be the weak little girl that people knew her to be, the girl that was always the one to resolve things, the girl who dated the boy who obviously didn't love her as much as he said he did. Angel Evans wasn't going to fear the fire anymore - she was going to become it.

o. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨.