"seventeen"

❛ now would be a good time to be anyone but her. ❜

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

Angel Evans wasn't pregnant at the mere age of seventeen. It seemed like the brunette wasn't taking anything in as when the doctor explained that she was being sick due to catching the flu, Angel didn't react at all. The girl was like this walking home and until the next morning, she didn't speak or react, just sat in her room in silence until she eventually fell asleep.

The whole experience had traumatised the girl as she could've potentially of been a mother, something that she didn't want this early on in life. She woke up to the noise of her phone going off, slowly reaching over to grab her device she saw that she had that she had many missed phone calls and text messages, mostly asking her where she was and why she wasn't at school.

This made her curse under her breath at sleeping in and instead of bunking her last few lessons she decided to go into school anyway. The brunette felt weird, she was relieved that she wasn't pregnant but the whole ordeal of thinking she was for a few minutes had really freaked her out.

Once the girl walked into the school she was immediately spotted by Mrs Carter who then sent Angel straight to isolation when the girl didn't have an excuse for missing half of her classes of the day. Just as Angel was about to walk into the room she stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the weeping voice of her boyfriend from inside.

"I don't know what to do any more, sir! Please help! Help me!" Cory whimpered to his teacher. Last night was one of the worst beatings he saw happen to his younger brother by their dad, and all he did was stand there which made the teen boy blame himself massively.

Angel didn't know what to do but as soon as she heard the person she loved start to cry she rushed into the room to comfort him, Mr Bell was holding the teen boy in his arms but looked up once he heard the door to the classroom open.

"Cory, babe..." Angel gently spoke to her boyfriend, the boy slowly turned around and once he saw the brunette he broke down, even more than before. The teen girl took him into her arms and held him there until he calmed down. As Angel was doing this she looked up to Mr Bell and mouthed to him 'His dad?' in which the teacher nodded to in reply.

Angel sighed as she knew this meant the Wilson father had been violent again and tried to calm down her crying boyfriend by kissing his head lovingly as he wept. Mr Bell allowed the two to sit in his office the rest of the day as neither of them were in the mood to talk to anyone but each other, and that's what they did, for hours until the end of the school day they talked about everything and anything, both avoiding the elephant in the room which was Cory's dad.

The couple eventually left the old office to walk home from school, Angel insisted that both Wilson boys were to stay at her house tonight and just as she was leaving the school grounds for the day, she spotted someone she hadn't seen in over a year - her mum.

The woman hadn't changed a bit as she was still full of energy and life. Claire and Angel were the spitting images of each other when the two lived under the same roof, that was until the mother left with another man that the teen decided she never wanted to be anywhere near the woman again.

But she broke that rule just then when she dropped Cory's hand and stormed her way over to the woman who was talking to Mr Bell and Mrs Carter, as in her arms was a small boy who also looked exactly like his mother.

"So mother, this is the man you left us for," Angel scoffed once she had stomped her way over to her mother, Mr Bell was now holding his son in his arms but looked extremely shocked once he heard Angel say that Claire was her mum.

All the adults of the group stood silently but Angel was raging, she never knew her mum had a child with her affair or even that the woman was still living in Ackley Bridge. The teen was about to scream at her mother again when Claire didn't reply but she caught Cory's sullen face in the corner of her eye, this made the girl take a deep breath in to calm down to help her collect her jumbled up thoughts.

"You know mum, anyone can have a child and call themselves a parent, but a real parent is someone who puts their child above their own selfish needs and wants."

o. 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬.