"thirty three"

❛ it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. ❜

𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫, she had just woken up to an empty bed and all she could focus on was the pounding of her head

The brunette slowly crept out of bed as she had about an hour before she had to school and went downstairs, she quietly checked in on Naveed and luckily he was fast asleep in Jordan's bed, the girl felt extremely bad for the boy as she knew what it was like for a parent to not want them, but while she had her dad, Naveed now had no one.

Once the girl was downstairs she swiftly made herself a sandwich with the small amount of ingredients she found in the Wilson boy's house, as she was about to start eating she noticed the missing presence of her boyfriend. Confusion overtook the girl's emotions as the house was small and she hadn't seen Cory when coming downstairs, however, she quickly spotted a mop of brown hair that was hidden behind the fence that surrounded the boy's house.

Angel slipped on some shoes she had left at the teen's house once and made her way over to him, Cory didn't even bother to look up at his girlfriend when she sat down as he was so upset about what she had blurted out last night about thinking she was once pregnant.

"Why did you keep it from me?" Cory blurted once his girlfriend was comfortably next to him. Angel was just about to dig into her sandwich but the harsh statement made her pause, she had no idea what the boy was going on about and it seemed like Cory caught on as he continued.

"Last night, you said that you once thought you were pregnant," The boy almost whispered.

This made Angel freeze as she must've told him her hidden secret whilst very drunk last night, the brunette thought for a moment before reaching out to grab the boys hand, luckily Cory didn't pull away and instead held onto her hand tightly, almost as he was encouraging her to go on.

"It was just before we broke up, I'd been feeling sick and I just thought I was," Angel struggled to explain herself as it was a while ago, she didn't know why she never ended up telling anyone about the scary encounter, she just always guessed it was because she had frightened herself so much over it that she didn't want to relive it again.

"I'm not angry Angel, I just want you to be able to tell me anything," Cory stated as he looked over at the girl he loved. The boy was never this mushy but when it came to the brunette his cocky attitude disappeared, the small conversation between the two seemed to bring the couple closer together on a mental level and once the two shared a few quiet 'I love you's' they proceeded to eat one half of angels sandwich each.

The stumbling behind the two which came from the house broke the couple from their small bubble, quickly looking behind them they saw a rough looking Naveed make their way towards them. His grumpy face made Angel giggle slightly as she knew how hungover the boy was, but then she felt bad for laughing when she remembered that his parents had kicked him out for being gay.

"Remind me not to ever drink again," Naveed groaned as he plonked himself next to Angel on the stone fence.

This was when the girl realised that she was the only one not dressed in their school uniform and that they had school in less than ten minutes, this prompted the girl to rush upstairs and quickly tug on the ugly uniform as her attendance was already on report.

The three got to school with four minutes to spare which made Mrs Carter grin once she spotted the girl being on time for once, even though that half the school had a hangover from the younger Booth sisters party the previous night everybody seemed to be in high spirits, whether that was because it was finally Friday or that it was Naveed's big night in his comedy career at the local bar.

The school day seemed to go by quickly and before she knew it Angel was getting déjà vu from that morning as she was now walking with both Naveed and Cory, however it was now on the way to her house. Her dad didn't know that she had invited Naveed to stay until he got his living situation sorted out, but once the brunette pulled out the puppy dog eyes the father seemed to agree to anything she asked for.

Once the three had gotten to her house Angel ran inside to tell her dad about the extra guest before he came inside, one the girl begged her dad and had told him Naveed's current situation the father sighed but agreed.

"I feel like I'm running a zoo," Angels dad mumbled as he grabbed his jacket and made his way to his car. The father had informed Angel that he was heading to the pub with some friends, but in reality he was going on his first date since spittling with his daughters mother, but the man decided to keep it a secret until he knew if he liked the woman or not.

Soon enough it was time for the trio of friends to head to the open comedy night, they were somewhat late which meant Angel ended up having to sit on her boyfriend's lap, not that Cory minded as he rubbed the girl's thighs under the table they sat at just to annoy her.

"It's true! I'm gay, It's official, I am out. You know, it's a big thing coming out of 'The Closet' - That's gay speak, I'm allowed to say that, by the way, You know, when you come out now, you get a badge and a little phrase book and a little book of gay icons and their sayings," Naveed joked.

The show was going amazingly and everybody who filled the bar were in hysterics at the boys jokes, even Naveeds parents ended up showing up, and they also somewhat excepted him again which meant he could return home - however, his mother still had to learn.

At the end of the night Angel decided that she was happy again, it seemed like at the moment her life was a constant battle between uphill and downhill situations, but she had her best friends, her family and her boyfriend, she couldn't ask for more in life. One of Naveeds jokes seemed to stand out in the brunettes mind as it summed up her life perfectly right now, but she wouldn't want it any other way.

"You think that you've moved on, you know, you think you're going to wake up and the whole world's changed that your world's changed, it isn't. But then you realise what is important are the people around you."

o. 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬.