| Chapter 5 |

Tobirama tried to concentrate on the nature around him and the chakra of everyone and everything.

But no matter how much he tried, he just couldn't get it!

Somehow it seems, the rapid change and death had messed with his senses.

His sensor abilities specifically.

He can't get himself to feel more than what's seven feet away from him.

He huffed, he needs to fix that and quickly.

He felt almost blind and vulnerable without his sensory abilities.

He will practice more, later.

At that moment Mito walked into the living room, seeing his troubled expression she raised one red eyebrow.

"Trying your sensory again?"

He nodded and she sighted.

"You need to let it be, for now at least. I imagine that not all of your abilities will respond immediately. The Hiraishin and the Suiton jutsu must have been luck or something similar."

He sighted at that himself.

Hiraishin.

Another thing he tried ever since that incident three weeks ago.

No matter how hard he tried he just couldn't teleport again.

He tried to remember what he had done then, feel what he felt.

But the only think he can remember is the despaired need to protect.

It must have been done on impulse, pure instinct.

It's frustrating.

Suddenly coming from one of the most powerful men in the world, to vulnerable animal.

He felt blind, weak.

And he hated it.

Mito gave him a sad look and came over to him, sitting beside him on the floor and wrapping one arm around his semi-small form.

"Don't worry I am sure you'll get it in time."

She gave him a small smile which he returned with one of his own.

He then looked at the headband Kagami gave him then.

With new determination he promised himself and everyone he'll get stronger.

He may have fallen but he will climb back up and will never fall again.

Mito saw the look and grinned, here was that look. The look he had on every time a new powerful enemy appeared, that stubborn look of determination that screams that he won't ever give up.

><><><><><><

The next day Tobirama went out to try some water jutsu. He could do that before, so there is a possibility he will still be able to use at least lower ranked ones.