| Chapter 11 |

Tobirama felt his eye twitch at least the tenth time this evening. The village was being repaired and everyone is mourning over the loss of their beloved Hokage and their family members. He was currently sitting next to a standing Hiruzen who had just told the village about Naruto and his status of Jinchuriki. Bad idea apparently. The village was raging, calling for the 'demon's' death. At least the civilians. Some of the shinobi remained calm, knowing the difference between a kunai and the scroll that holds it. "I say we train him to be our weapon." Proclaimed Danzo, Koharu, Homura and the civilian council nodded their heads. Tobirama felt disappointment swell in his chest at the words of his student. What had happened to Danzo to become like this? What about Koharu and Homura? Had they all lost their minds? This continued for a while until Tobirama was finally fed up and with a loud roar he silenced the village. He growled at them and jumped onto Naruto's crib, standing over him protectively. Hiruzen smiled at him and nodded in thanks. "The child will not be trained to be a weapon nor will he be killed." He glared at Danzo. "He shall grow up as any other child, Tobirama will stay by his side and Naruto will not be harmed. No one will speak a word of his status and those who will shall be given the ultimate punishment! You will not speak of this to anyone, not a word, most definitely not to those of the child's generation. Is that clear?" Hiruzen called out with authority. "Hai Hokage-sama..." The crowd mumbled. Tobirama let himself relax slightly. He followed Hiruzen back into the office and watched as the now old man slumped in his chair. With a sight Hiruzen looked at his sensei. "I guess I will be spending some time here for a while again, eh sensei?" He asked with dry humor. Tobirama gave him a small look of sympathy. His student was getting old, his hair lost its color and was now the shade of silver much like the Hatake clan's. "I am getting too old for this." He groaned, then looked with playful glare at Tobirama. "Cheater." Tobirama let himself chuckle. They then heard a small cry come from the blond child and Tobirama walked over, smiling when Naruto stopped crying and let out a childish giggle instead, reaching for Tobirama with his tiny hands. Tobirama let out a small purr and leaned closer, Naruto's small hands immediately touched his face gently. Azure blue eyes stared up at him with curiosity and happiness, a small toothless smile adored the child's face. "You sure do have your way with children don't you sensei?" Chuckled the Sandaime. Tobirama let out a tiny huff, ruffling Naruto's hair ever so slightly. The child only giggled and reached for Tobirama once more, said cat settling himself next to the small blond, letting Naruto climb over him. Hiruzen smiled gently at the display, Tobirama will take great care of the child and he knows it.

><><><><

"NARUTOOOOOOOOOOO"

Was heard across the village as a six years old blond child, with white shirt with red swirl in the front and black shorts and black ninja sandals ran in the streets of the village, his childish giggles echoing everywhere. A pink haired nameless shinobi covered in sparkles and with mustache drown on his face chasing and yelling after the small child who only stuck his tongue out at him. "That's what you get!" The child called out. He rounded the next corner and the shinobi followed, passing Naruto who was hiding behind a camouflage blanket in front of a wall. Naruto laughed and ran the opposite direction, into his small apartment where he came face to face with an overgrown white-silver feline with red eyes. "Whoah! Uuuh hey Tobirama!" The child laughed nervously, Tobirama lifted an eyebrow and sighted shaking his head. "Oh come on~, it was a good one and you know it! Besides the jerk deserves it!" Tobirama could only smirk because indeed, it was a good prank. How the child did it, he will never know. He looked at the boy and let him pet his head, smiling when Naruto laughed and threw himself at him. He almost fell over, kami, he swore the child is Hashirama reincarnate. Tobirama let him cuddle with him a bit longer before nudging him and mentioning towards the direction of the Hokage tower. Hiruzen wanted to meet up with Naruto today and Tobirama already knew what it was about. The blond grinned and stood up walking back over to the door and walking out waiting until Tobirama was outside and then closed and locked the door to their small home. Naruto then climbed on Tobirama's back, who had no trouble with carrying the small child at all. He was very small and skinny for his age, Tobirama blamed the civilians for that. Said scumbags sent Naruto dirty looks the moment they were on the street. Tobirama growled warningly and they backed off, but continued shooting glares at the back of Naruto's head. Tobirama felt Naruto stiffen on top of him and felt his anger risen, calming down when the blond pet him. They walked all the way to the Hokage tower and once they were outside of Hiruzen's office Naruto got off and knocked getting a soft "come in" in return. The blond pushed the doors open and walked in, Tobirama right behind him. "Ah, Naruto-kun." Hiruzen smiled at the boy kindly and Naruto grinned before sprinting over. "Jiji!" Called out the child happily as he threw himself on the Sandaime. Hiruzen chuckled and hugged back, Naruto then nestled himself in his lap. "What did you want to tell me Jiji?" Asked the small blond. "Well Naruto-kun as you know you are six so you can now join the Ninja Academy." He told the boy with a smile, looking at his sensei amused when the child cheered out. "YES, thanks so much Jiji! Now I can become ninja, dattebayo!" Tobirama felt a pang in his heart as Naruto called out the seemingly inherited verbal tick. He reminded him so much of Kushina and Minato at the same time. "Yes you will, I am sure of it." Said Hiruzen and Tobirama smiled. "Now then, that you are here how about we get some ramen, hmm?" Asked the old man. "RAMEN!" Cheered Naruto and Tobirama sweat dropped, yep, he is Kushina's kid alright.

><><><><

Tobirama walked with Naruto on his back at the end of the day, Hiruzen had to return to the tower to finish his daily share of paperwork. He heard something fly through the air and a small yelp from the child on his back. He growled as he turned around and stared warningly at the civilian who threw that rock, another went to follow but Tobirama had him pinned down the second he moved his arm. He growled at the trembling fool and jumped off, sprinting across the roofs with the child on his back until he saw the window of Naruto's room. He jumped back down and walked inside the building and all the way to the right door. Naruto quietly got off and unlocked the door, Tobirama let him go in first and then walked inside himself. Naruto made sure the door is locked and then they walked to his room where Naruto crawled into his bed, curling on himself. Tobirama looked at him sadly and nuzzled him gently, Naruto looked at him with teary eyes and hugged him without a word. He "One day I will be the Hokage and they will all have to acknowledge me." The child promised and Tobirama felt another pang in his chest at the familiar words that once came out of both of his parents' mouths. He curled himself around the child, said blond falling asleep almost instantly. He will become a Hokage, Tobirama is sure of it.