Questions

Aprils pov

He sits down next to me and we pray to the moon goddess to bless our food.

After we are done, we each take a slice and eat in comfortable silence.

"Hey April? " He asks breaking the silence.

"Yeah" I answer looking at him to find that he's already looking at me.

His chocolate brown eyes stare into mine and I have to fight back the urge to run my hands through his hair and for that reason, I look away because it  is too tempting.

"Wanna play a game?" He says dazed.

"Sure." I say as I look up at the star filled night sky.

"Okay. What's your favourite colour?" He asks.

Wow! I was not expecting that but I guess we're starting with basics.

"Purple.. And yours?" I ask.

"Used to be blue." He answers.

"Typical ." I mutter under my breath. Wait, used to be?

"Used to be? What changed?" I ask.

"I met you ." He says offering no further explanation.

The air begins to seem tense and I don't want to make this awkward and so, I ask the next question:

"What's your favourite food?" I ask.

"Beef burger and fries" He answers in a heartbeat.

"I didn't see those in your collection of food. Why weren't they there?" I ask curiously.

"Technically it's my turn to ask the question but I'll just answer. Its because today is about you, I just want you to feel at home." He says sincerely.

My mate sure has a way with words! Damn! My heart..

"Thanks." I say.

"Do you have any siblings?" He asks.

"No."

"Then what about Dylan Lane?" He asks with a low voice.

"Its complicated." I say with a sigh.

I can't make him a part of my mess, he's too pure to know or see the darkness within me.

Its always the sibling question first then comes the parent question and I can't for the life of me allow him to ask me that question. That would trigger too many memories and I'm not ready to share that with him... Yet.

Therefore, I ask him the question I've been dying to ask since this conversation began :

"When you found me, did I have a backpack?"

"Yes." He answers.

"Where is it?" I ask.

"My sister has it and has planned on giving it to you herself."

"Okay thanks." I fake a yawn because now that I got what I wanted, I can go sleep.

"You look sleepy . I'll escort to your room." He says.

When we reach my room, I give him a short hug and mumble a quick goodnight as I get into bed.

I don't hear a reply because the darkness covers me like a blanket...

______________________________________

Hey guys!

As promised there's another chapter. I hope you liked it 🙂

Thanks so much for giving this book 2.9k+ reads.  I really love you guys..

Next chapter on Thursday.🙂

Love,

Alegna