Chapter 8 ✨

Day 4 - "Do you like me?"

I woke up and unlocked my phone to text Jungkook when I realized that I was, once again, back in my own body.

Y/N: We're back again in our own bodies today?!

He beat me to it...

Lmaoo... he's saved as Y/N. Gotta change it real quick.

Me: According to my calculations, we are switching bodies every two days

Me: So expect yourself to turn into a girl tomorrow

Jungoo: Don't be so casual about this

Jungoo: Explain already, why is this happening?!

Me: Hey hey chill dude have some snickers

Me: Listen, it may be because of that golden earring you had

Me: I have the other pair but I took it off after the day we were first switched

Me: I threw yours away too so I don't know why it's still happening

Jungoo: You have the nerve to dump a fan gift just like that

Me: Fan gift?

Jungoo: Yeah, a fan sent it to me by mail four days ago

Aunt couldn't have possibly...

I quickly called my aunt to personally ask her about it. She told me that there was only one earring in that store where she shopped. Was she lying?

"Hi, Y/N," she chimed after three rings.

"Aunt, did you send the other pair of that earring you gave me to Jungkook?!"

The line went silent.

She-

"It worked?" She gasped.

My mouth hung open wide. I couldn't believe it. She was the one who put me in this mess?!

"How could you?! You knew about what these earrings could do? Why did you do that?"

She chuckled, "So, what happened? Are you two in a relationship yet?"

"What the heck? No! It's comeback season and you know that. I'm suffering in his body, dancing my ass off all day"

"Oh. I may or may not have taken that into consideration," she mumbled.

I sighed, "Just tell me how to fix this mess."

"Well... You have to wear both earrings to stop your souls from switching with each other."

"Great, then I'll just ask him to send his earring to me today," I said before jumping off my bed.

"Actually," she drawled, causing me to halt my movement. "You have to wear the earrings after your souls have become one."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "The fu-"

"In other words," she cut me. "After you two have fallen in love with each other. Only then you have to wear the earrings and you must be together to do that."

I froze. "Wha- Are you kidding me?! What kind of sorcery is that? And I'm supposed to tell him 'Hey, that fan who sent you that earring was my aunt and she has always wanted us to marry each other, you know? And she said that for us to break this curse, I have to wear both earrings. But to do that, we have to be in love with each other and must be together or it won't work lmao'?"