Chapter 29 - Epilogue

The day I found you

"Yes, mom, I'm here now

"Yes, mom, I'm here now."

Pulling my luggages, I walked out of the airport and grabbed a taxi.

"Yes, I will, don't worry about me, okay? I came here before, remember? I'm an old lady now, geez."

It has been so long since I last came here. Nostalgic, yet melancholic. I was suddenly reminded of the old days.

The days I would always visit back to...

He must have already forgotten about me now... Many years passed already.

I knew he was busy all the time, but at least the guy was living happily, and that was enough for me.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now... Of course, I will keep in touch with you guys."

I took my seat inside the car after the driver put my luggages in the trunk.

"I don't know, mom. But finding a husband wasn't my intention for coming here, so I'm not worried about that. I came here to work, not chase after some dudes."

I told the driver my destination and he started driving.

I was going to stay at my aunt's apartment for a while to get started with my new life. She was traveling as usual, so I was going to be living alone. Sad.

When I was deciding on where to work, Korea seemed closer to my heart. Maybe it was because I could speak the language like a native. Or because I once felt attached to this country when I turned into a native.

Anyway, I was lucky to have found a job here in the tourism industry. My degree in management was perfect for it. Not to mention, I became familiar with travels and tourisms ever since I was small.

"Yes, mom. You too, take care of yourselves. Bye bye," I sang and hung up.

"First time coming to Korea?" The driver asked me in a friendly tone.

"No, actually. I came here before," I smiled.

"Oh. Well then, welcome back to Korea."

"Thank you," I beamed.

💫💫💫

After arriving at the apartment, I unpacked my luggages and dropped on the bed.

"So tired," I sighed.

My phone rang and I answered the call without looking at the contact information.

"Yes?"

"Miss Y/N?"

I sat up on the bed, fixing my form. "Yes, I am."