Chapter 19 ✨

Day 10 Part 3 - "You're an exception"

Your POV

"Wanna watch a movie now?"

I rubbed my arms and took small steps, walking beside Jungkook.

"Nah, we should probably head back. You should rest now. There's practice tomorrow, right?"

He shook his head cutely. "We're trying out our outfits and stuff tomorrow. Then we're filming some ads and doing photoshoots for that the next day."

"Ahh," I nodded. "Then I'm wearing your clothes tomorrow, huh..."

Our footsteps were synchronized while we were strolling the park.

The playground was dimly lit by the two post lights. The autumn breeze was gently caressing my skin and the crispy sounds of the sunburnt leaves were sweetly stirring my heart. Although the temperature was just perfect, I was feeling a bit chilly because of the mesh dress I was wearing.

A warm leather jacket was suddenly wrapped around me, transferring heat to my cold body.

I turned to smile at him. "Thank you."

He nodded with a small smile.

I looked down at his hand that was hanging loosely.

Would it be weird if I just slipped my hand in his?

I bit my lips and looked to the front.

"Wanna sit on the swing for a while?"

I flinched slightly. "Hm? Oh, sure."

We headed to the small swing of two located in the middle of the playground. It was apparently designed for two small kids so we both squeezed ourselves to fit in.

I started to get nervous from the body contact. My heart just decided to do flips and quicken its pace. My breathing was unintentionally accelerating and I tried my best to act normal.

He was nervous as well, fidgeting a bit and licking his lips repeatedly.

I chuckled when I noticed him looking around the park to avoid my eyes.

If we're like this just because we're close to each other, how can we share a kiss?

"Jungkook?"

He hummed, still looking away from me.

I took his hand and slowly traced his palm lines. A lot of heat was being emitted just from his hand.

He eyed it silently.

"I never even imagined something like this happening to me before. It's truly... magical," I breathed out a laugh. "I want to say sorry and... thank you."

I intertwined my fingers with his and rubbed them gently.

"Sorry for causing you so much trouble, and thank you for treating me so kindly. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't help me or cooperated with me... It's very nice to know that you're together with me in this trouble. I don't feel lonely or even troubled at all because of you."

I gulped, suddenly feeling exposed for revealing my emotions. The silence was cutting me.

"I feel the same."

I turned my head towards him.

I regretted that action as I came face to face with him, my breath mingling with his.

His wide dark orbs, sparkling in the street light, captured my eyes and drew me in. I couldn't look away, completely entranced.

It wasn't that I didn't know how his eyes looked like. No, I knew just how lovely they were.

But, my breath hitched seeing how his eyes held me.

I took a glimpse of the swirling emotion inside them. Raw feelings... They were drowning me. They were making me feel things I never felt before.

"I have to tell you, I wouldn't do something like this with someone I met not so long ago... But," he whispered before leaning forward. "You're an exception."

Before I could fully process his words, his warm and soft lips touched my cold ones, and I lost my mind.

It was gentle, as if it wasn't really there. He slowly moved his mouth against mine, heat being transmitted through the contact. My insides were twisting and turning, my eyes being unable to close shut, almost popping out, and it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

My breath hitched again as he held my jaw with his free hand and tilted his head.

After scolding myself, I forced my eyes shut and eased into the kiss.

His lips were too soft.

I kissed him back with the same slow pace and the same gentleness. I could feel the emotions he was willing to show me and the passion entwined with it.

It was addicting. All I could think about was never wanting it to stop. Ever. The feeling of his lips moving and enveloping mine was locked inside my head.

It wasn't long until we fully lost ourselves. He tilted his head to the other side and pulled me closer. The kiss turned faster and more passionate. My soul was being ignited and I somehow knew that his was, too. I could feel his heartbeat against my chest.

I was losing my breath and had to pull away as I forgot to breathe in between and was becoming light headed.

Facing down, I panted and gasped for air. His breathing was labored as well.

I couldn't believe what just happened.

Our hands were still intertwined.

I flushed.

What the heckkk...

Did we just k-kiss each other?! And did he initiate it?!

I just freaking lost myself back there. I can't believe I didn't want to get back down...

I glanced up at him and choked when I saw his face. He was looking at me through hooded eyes, lips a bit swollen and red because of my lipstick.

His silence was killing me...

I didn't even know what to say and that was killing me as well...

Just think about Jin, Jimin and Hoseok disguising themselves at the restaurant and you'll be fine.

I licked my lips and flinched when I felt his eyes.

"So..." I cleared my throat. "Should we try wearing the earrings now?"

I slapped myself internally.

He sighed. "Oh, sure. You have them now?"

I took them out of my purse and hooked them on each one of my ears.

After I was done, I gazed into his eyes again.

He looked... sad?

What happened after that surprised the both of us...

————————————————————
A/N: I can't believe I'm taking so much time to update this...

Anyway, I will give my best to make this story as good as possible, so trust me.

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜