Chapter 26 🖤

Day 13 Part 2 - "I will cherish them forever"

Jungkook's POV

This was it.

I held up the two golden earrings and stared at them for a while.

These two tiny things started everything, didn't they...?

...And we were about to end it with these two again.

Y/N and I were back at the dorm after a long day of work and little to no talk with each other. There was this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and I was sure that she was feeling it, too.

She nodded for me to put the earrings on and I obliged hesitantly.

Why was I even hesitating?

This was what I wanted so badly for a long time... I waited for this day for a long time.

And I knew that she wanted it, too.

So why...?

After I put the earrings on, she suddenly held my hands and smiled at me. A forced smile.

I returned it and we both closed our eyes, waiting for the supernatural stuff to happen.

After feeling nothing for a minute or so, I opened my eyes to see her real face in front of me. I gasped in shock and she opened her eyes as well.

She gasped louder than me. "J-Jungkook?"

"We're back in our own bodies," I exclaimed.

She ran her hands all over her face and dashed to the mirror to look at herself.

"We are!" She sang out loud.

I was overjoyed to know that she returned my feelings. And I also felt relieved that there wouldn't be any mix-ups anymore now. Just in time for the comeback, too. My mind was at ease.

...But that empty feeling never left me.

"So..."

I focused my attention on her. "Yes?"

"Will you be booking me a flight ticket for overmorrow?"

I snorted. "You still use that word?"

"Day after tomorrow sounds way too lengthy. I also like the sound of it, so." She shrugged.

I sighed.

I couldn't keep her here forever. Sooner or later, she was bound to go back. There was no use fighting against it.

I had to let her go.

I loved her so much, I was able to let her go and live her life. I wanted her to be happy and I couldn't rob her of her usual life. I didn't want to be a burden for her and make it difficult for her.

Maybe it's for the best...

...Perhaps not the best for my heart.

"Get some sleep now, Y/N... It was a really tiring day."

She nodded and smiled softly at me before taking a seat on my chair. "I will. But your body is the most exhausted thing here, so you should get to bed right now. No using your phone."

"What?"

"I'm not leaving until I hear you snore. That is, until I know you're asleep." She bit back her smile and crossed her legs and arms, raising her eyebrows.

"That's a bit creepy, Y/N," I chuckled, amused.

"Well, if you think watching you sleep is creepy, what about those times when I was in your body and watched you pe-"

"Okay, okay! Stop talking now!" I shouted, closing my eyes shut, blushing heavily now. "I'm going to take a shower now, alright?!"

She giggled. "Alright."

💫💫💫

"Y/N?"

"Why are you still not sleeping, Jungkook?"

"I just... I have a lot in my mind right now."

She sighed and put her phone in her jeans pocket.

"Like what?"

I looked into her eyes for a moment before turning away.

"Nothing."

"I don't buy it, but I won't force you to tell me."

Silence.

"I'm sorry I couldn't show you many places."

She huffed out a laugh. "You don't have to apologize for that. I'm thankful for everything you did for me and all the times we spent together and..."

She bit her lips.

"...I will cherish them forever... Each and every moment."

My chest contracted in pain but I brushed it off.

"I will cherish them, too."

I turned my body to the other side to hide the tear that just escaped my eye.

"Good night, Y/N."

She hummed.

"Good night, Kookie."

——————————————————————
A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 💜