Chapter 28 🖤

Day 15 - "I'll miss you guys..."

After spending the whole day with my aunt, shopping, sightseeing, and just staying in her apartment, I bid her a short farewell. She told me that she would take me to the airport and see me off.

It was way past midnight when I arrived back at the dorm and the boys were surprisingly asleep.

I took off my jacket and tiptoed my way to my room, careful not to make any sound. I started taking off my clothes to change into my pajamas.

"You're finally here."

I jumped surprised and held my heart, trying to calm its furious beating. I stopped my actions and pulled my shirt back on. I didn't turn the lights on so I didn't know there was someone in my room.

"Jungkook!" I whispered-yelled. "You almost gave me a heart attack! What are you doing in my room?!"

He suddenly cornered me into a wall and slammed his hands against it, on each side of me.

"Well, you gave me panic and anxiety attacks!" He snapped at me. "Where were you?! You were supposed to call me, I was worried sick about you! Do you know what time it is?!"

I couldn't see his face well in the dark but I could feel his distress and aggravation. His voice was definitely scary and frustrated.

"I'm sorry... My battery died because I was taking too many pictures."

He huffed. "What were you even doing until now?!"

"I-I met my aunt here and spent the day sightseeing with her..." I gulped. "Please lower your voice down, the others are sleeping."

"Your aunt?"

"Yes... She's traveling."

His breath was fanning my face and I shifted away from him downwards.

He sighed and rubbed his face before stepping back from me.

"Still... you should have told me through a text or something."

That was really frightening...

I patted his shoulder. "I know... but I didn't think that my phone would die that early."

I pulled his hand and walked to the door. "Now go and sleep. It's so late already and you have a practice early in the morning, right?"

"Yeah, you get some rest, too. I'll be sending you to the airport in the morning before practice."

I stopped on my tracks. "You had a car?"

"No...?"

"Then how are you trying to take me to the airport?"

"By my manager's car...? Along with him."

I snorted at that.

"I see. But you don't have to do that. My aunt is taking me there."

"What?"

"Yeah... so, you can sleep a little more without worrying. It's... a bit sad that I couldn't say goodbye to the boys though." I smiled at him. "I guess this is where we part, Jungkook."

He pursed his lips.

My eyes were getting adjusted to the darkness and I could see his expression now. His heartbreaking expression.

"Can't you... not go?"

I blinked surprised. I thought he wanted me out of his life as soon as possible. I was a pain in the butt, after all.

"I have to, Kook. For the sake of both of us. I can't just freeload here and neglect my studies. You have to focus on your job without me bothering you with my existence. We both have our lives to live."

"All this... was nice but you have to understand that it was momentary. We met each other because of a mistake."

I cleared my throat as it was getting harder to breathe.

"I'm sure that I caused you so much trouble for the past two weeks... I sincerely apologize for that. I won't be a nuisance to you anymore. Just... remember to eat well, sleep well and be healthy. Good luck on your comeback, I know you'll knock 'em dead."

The first person I have fallen in love with, and I'm the one letting him go. It's awful. Truly awful. But if that's the only way that I can see him be untroubled and free of distress, I would do this without a second thought.

He stood there in silence for a while and I couldn't figure out what he was thinking.

He suddenly opened the door and walked out before turning back to me.

"You, too. Have a safe flight. I hope your life is full of happiness, Y/N." He smiled softly. "Thank you for coming into my life."

With that, he walked away towards his room and closed the door after him.

I closed mine as well and the tears started flowing on their own. I dropped to the ground, covering my mouth to muffle my sobs.

'Thank you for coming into my life'

I'm the one who should be saying that.

It was all just a fleeting dream, but I don't think that I will ever forget about you...

Is it selfish of me to hope that you never forget about me, too?

💫💫💫

"Yes?"

I talked on my phone while wearing my hoodie.

"Okay, I'm going out now."

I hung up the call and took my suitcase, walking to the door.

Standing at the doorstep, I looked back one last time, exhaling heavily.

"I'll miss you guys..."

——————————————————————
A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 💜