Sidewalk // SJ

You found yourself waiting beside the sidewalk, it was just normal for you. Every morning you stand there waiting for your best friend so that the both of you can walk your walk to school. But these past few days was different.

Ever since that day, that horrific day, he doesn't go to meet you anymore. You regretted it, you regretted everything you said. You wish that you can turn back time and change it, but you can't. The thing that you fear the most happened.

"Pabo. Why did you say such things?!" You said to yourself as you hit your head. "What do you expect? That he'll return it to you?!" You said still nagging yourself about what happened. "You're pathetic. You only have one best friend and now you lost him because of your stupid feelings." Tears began to form in your eyes.

"Pabo. Pabo. Pabo." You started to call yourself that while hitting your head harder. "I'm such an idiot. Why did I even bother confessing to him? It's not like he'll like me too. I'm just his friend after all." You cried as you blabber hurtful words for you, but they were true.

What can you do? You can't control feelings. The more you hide it, the more it grows. Memories started to play back in your mind. Your friendship with him started with a funny story. You were enemies. Can you believe that? You are now best friends with your enemy.

You recall funny and happy memories; the way you fought because of the last slice of pizza in the cafeteria. It was very funny. All the things you do with him is fun. He makes you smile, laugh, cry with laughter. Heck, even his not-so-funny dad jokes makes you smile. He makes you happy, but he also makes you sad.

Knowing that the two of you are just friends, but you know deep inside of you, you want it to be more than that. You did not notice it. He thinks of you only as a friend. But it sucks because you fell for him.

The way he makes you laugh, when he hugs you, times when he nags you about your little mistakes, when he acts cute, you fell for it. You fell deeply in love with your best friend.

You couldn't handle it anymore. You didn't know what to do, but your heart told you one thing. It's time for you to confess. But what happened? You lost him. You can't even see him, walk with him, or eat with him and it makes you weak.

You sat on the ground, crying your heart out. You don't know what to do anymore. You just cried there, like a child. As you cry, you felt raindrops on your skin. "Oh wow. Nature really loves me. It loves me so much that it's crying with me." You said sarcastically, but you didn't care. You just cried there. You remember how Seokjin always nags you about not bringing an umbrella with you always, and it made you cry even more.

You cried never-ending tears. They can't stop from falling. You're late for class, you know it, but you didn't bother to worry. You just cried there, feeling weak.

"Yah. Didn't I told you to bring an umbrella everytime?" You were shocked the moment you heard that familiar voice. You looked up and you saw him. Your best friend was there, standing right beside you, covering you with an umbrella. "You might get sick! Stand u—"

You quickly stood up and gave him a tight hug. "I'm sorry Seokjin. I'm really sorry. Please don't go. I don't want to lo—" You were saying your thoughts, but he cut you off. "What are you saying? I am not leaving you." He told you and he laughed a bit.

"But, you were not talking to me for days. You do not even go with me to school anymore." You told him with a sad tone. "Just please forget about what I said couple of days ago." You ask of him.

"But why?" He asked with a confused tone. "Why would I forget something that made me happy?" He asked and your eyes widened. "What do you mean?" You asked stuttering a little.

"I'm sorry for not talking to you for days. I was just so shocked." He explained. "Finally," He continued. "You said the words that I cannot say." You were taken aback. You're shocked about what you heard.

"I'm sorry for not making the first move. Just like you, I was afraid that I might lose our friendship. It was so wrong to fall for you. You see me only as a friend. But now, I'm happy to hear that you feel the same way." You did not expect that. You are shocked more than ever.

"Look, if you're still confused, it's just this simple." He held your hand and explained, "You love me, I love you." He kissed your hand and you felt a tingly sensation in your stomach. "And not just as a friend." He chuckled.

You were trying to say something but all you did was to stutter. Seokjin chuckled and you were shocked to find his pink plump lips on yours. He gave you a quick passionate kiss. "You were stuttering too much. It was cute, sorry couldn't handle. Been wanting to do that for years now." He explained and you hit him. He's making you blush so hard and it makes you shy.

"You know we still have class." You reminded. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" You asked him. "Let's ditch classes and go on a date?" He also asked and you nodded.

"I love you." He said out of nowhere. "I love you too."