Fallen Leaves // TH

"Are you willing to take the risk for me?"

Taehyung has been the sweetest and the most gentleman guy you met. He would always walk you home after classes, buy you your favorite snacks, and he would also help you with your assignments. Taehyung is just full of surprises.

He confessed his love to you a few months ago. It was unbelievable for you that a man like him loves you. He was just so perfect. His dreamy eyes, pointed nose and his sharp jaw, he looked perfect. But what made him a full package was his purity and innocence.

As a person who was from a toxic relationship, a guy like Taehyung was new to you. You would remember how your ex boyfriend violated you. He wouldn't allow you to hang out with your friends, wear shorts and worst of them all, you hated how he made you as his trophy girlfriend. He would brag to his friends about things you do and how beautiful and perfect your body was. When the truth is, it all happened without your consent.

You consider yourself lucky for finally having the courage to break it up, but it wasn't a secret that fear is still within you. The ghost of the past would always haunt you. Making you think that every guy is a predator like him. Making you think that at some point, Taehyung might end up becoming like him.

Frightened; you were frightened. Scared that if you fall again, you'll be left to pieces. You once believed that love and time can heal but now, love is just a word for you. Love is just overrated. A word that everyone knows but do not know its meaning. You once gave love, but no. Love isn't right. If love wasn't in the dictionary, love wouldn't exist for you. 

But Taehyung, all his efforts and his heart, you felt and appreciated it. Taehyung made you feel special. He would always remind you that you should face tomorrow with a smile, and that look forward to a new beginning. And if you would let him, a new beginning with him.

Tears fell from your eyes when you heard him question you. The cold breeze touched your skin, together with the leaves that fell from the tree. The fallen leaves that witnessed you and Taehyung's story.

Taehyung was worth it, you wouldn't deny it. You then thought of how perfect he is, and remembered how messed up you are. Taehyung doesn't deserve you. He deserves the best. Not someone who is unstable and traumatic. No matter how worth it Taehyung is, all you can do is to hold his hands and say,

"I'm sorry."