Chocolate // HS

This is it. You told yourself. You did not get enough sleep while preparing for this day. You thought about it a lot; if you should do it or not. You were scared of what the result may be, but you were more scared of what will happen if he won't know. You fear that it may be your lost than his. Thoughts were circling around you, but you chose to shrug it off.

You sent him a message. You told him to go to the same place at the same time. You walked your way to you two's 'hideout' as you call it. It was by the tree at the back of your houses.

You decided to sat down and check everything again. Your hair, face, and of course the chocolates. You made sure to buy him his favorite chocolates. As you stare at the chocolates, you remember how you two started to be friends.

You were in a convenience store back then looking for chocolates. You had a bad day that's why you needed them so much. There was only one chocolate left and unfortunately, it was bought by a random kid; a short boy with black hair.

He noticed you and looked at you with confusion. He might've noticed your tear stains. He smiled at you and it might sound exaggerated, but you felt like a ray of sunshine hit you and it made you smile too. He offered to share the chocolate he has to you and you couldn't say no. Just because of a chocolate a strong friendship was built.

You were only ten years old back then, and you didn't know that you'll be friends with him until you're in your senior year. Unfortunately, you two got separated by different schools, but still, your friendship was unbreakable. Years went by and you noticed, it's not only you two's friendship is going strong, but also your feelings for him.

Ninth grade, it is when you realized your feelings for him. Whenever you see him you feel your heart race, you smile uncontrollably, and you wish that time stops when you're with him. It was clear for you; your feelings. You fell for him. How he takes care of you, comforts you, make you smile, you fell because he was himself. Jung Hoseok. The name you always think of.

You were lost in your thoughts that you didn't notice his presence. "Yah? You okay?" There he is right in front of you, smiling and lending you a hand for you to get up. You felt your heart almost jumping out of your chest. Not sure if it's because of him or because you're nervous.

Nervous of what will happen. What if he avoids you after? Will you still see him after this? Is he still going to talk to you? Your thoughts are killing you, but you decided to remain unbothered. "Hey, (Y/N). Are you alright?" He asked while waving his hands in front of your eyes. "Of course I am." You answered trying your best not to stutter.

"You want to tell me something, you said?" He said while emphasizing his phone on his hand. "Uh.. Yeah.." You answered. "What is it?" He asked. "Do you want me to do something for you? Homework? Or you wanna go somewhere?" He continued. "I'm okay with everything so just go." He said while patting your head.

Hoseok got shocked when you suddenly reached for his hand and removed it. "Actually, no." You said and looked at him in his eyes. Hoseok gave you a confused look and asked, "What it is then?" He asked and you gave him the chocolates you bought for him.

"I actually have something to confess..." You started. You had second thoughts, but you were so sure of what you want to do. "What is this for?" He took the chocolates. "Yah (Y/N)!" He called. "Did you break my stuff or some-"

"I like you." You said cutting him off. You looked straight into his eyes; you noticed how shocked he is. "And not just as a friend." You continued. You can see how shocked Hoseok is about your confession, and you got scared. "I'm not asking you to like me back, Hoseok. I just want you to know how I truly feel about you." You said and looked down, not wanting to see his face when he answers, not wanting him to see your tears.

"(Y/N)-ah..." He called you with a small voice. "Mianhae, but you really are just a friend."