Prayers

Hey guys, I didnt have time to make an actual chapter.
I just finished my real life English narrative.
So I figured I would modify it to a spiderson and iron dad chapter.
Vote if yall want
The original was actually me experiencing my uncles (aka my dads twin brother) death.

R.i.p uncle Roderick ♡

So, I put so much heart into it, so I thought it would be nice to break some other hearts.
Please enjoy :)

Peter's pov

    I listened to the constant beeping of the machine. A sound so simple became dreadful as it tugged at my heart. All I heard was the annoyingly loud beeping and quiet whimpers from others in the room. Yet, it was not just that, but the offputting smell of the hospital space and my sore eyes beginning to feel irritated.

 The way he laid there, almost lifeless just dug a hole deeper in the back of my mind. ‘Today is his last day’. Hot tears dragged down my cheek non-stop.  Practically everyone was standing there, watching him. My adoptive fathers body, seemed to sink deeper into the hard mattress. It pained me to hear him quietly yelping from the pain.

Tony's closest friends were there, prepared for the worst. He had no family besides his wife and two kids. (Pepper, Arexcella and I)

I just couldn't say it; when I looked at him, I saw a real father there. As if my father was there slowly dying, and slipping from our grasp. If only I had not met him. I wouldnt have to feel loss all over again.

It's true he was not my real father. But it sure did feel like it. It hurts just as much as before.

Tony had always been there for me; for the avengers,  and my remaining family (Aunt May). ‘The funny and narcissistic billionaire avenger’ had now became someone who was in too much pain to talk.

Arexcella, his daughter, aka my sister, asked me to step outside. She quickly pulled me into an embrace, as if we were as close as we used to be.

“Promise me you'll wont leave like dad. Promise me you'll stay safe. Dont be stupid...I don't want the same thing to happen to you...okay?” All I could respond with was choked whimpers and slight nods, digging myself deeper into her shoulder.

 We walked back to the room, internally begging for a miracle to happen. When we got there, his condition seemed to be  worse; coughing and hacking loudly while muttering "It hurts! It hurts!".

His desperate mutters turned into yells and nurses came in, asking everyone but the other avengers.

Arexcella and I did not know anything that was going to happen until the decision was made. Natasha saw us in confusion, and decided to help. “Tony has considered pulling the life support plug. I’m sorry, but it was his choice with the agreeance of the avengers and Pepper.”

My sister and I had already known he was in so much pain. That he was finally willing to give up, when we didn't want him to.  I was being selfish, we should allow him to do what he thinks is right. He would be gone in a matter of minutes, and we were not ready.

We desperatly begged it shouldn't happen. Yet, it made no difference.

The time came, for the machines to be turned off. The doctor asked one last time “Sir, I want to know if you are one hundred percent sure of this.” My father nodded. “I want you to state your name, and tell me you are one hundred percent sure.” So then, he responded with, “I, Anthony Stark, is not one hundred percent sure…”

A long pause covered the room until he continued, “I am one hundred and ten percent sure.” Choked laughs were heard, but soon faded into small sobs. All of the big boxes of gears had now shut down, and there was no going back. The worry about him spread, as Pepper finally let go and began to cry loudly. She could no longer stay strong for the rest of us.

She kept looking at the heart monitor machine, stressing for when the beep would drag on. It passed onto the others, who were now anticipating it too. The nurse came back and turned off the screen, knowing it would put too much on my everyone.

Everyone said their final words to him. All I could bring myself to say was, “Hey..Tony..i'm sorry I wasn't spending any more time with you. I wish I could go back and change that...I'm sorry you had to go and save me...I..I love you..okay? Arexcella and I love you..” I was about to break down as I felt his hand tightening around mine.

I slowly walked away, and out of the crowded room, not even bothering to wipe the tears. Some time had passed, and quiet prayers were said. The feel and spirit of the room I entered once more, felt almost hauntingly powerful. Everyone was hoping for one miracle, just one. The expectancy for him to pass had been exceeded. More time had gone by, and happiness spread. It was official, he survived. As if the lifting spirit of the room had allowed him to continue. Our prayers were answered.

I hope you enjoyed.