Day 3, Psyched Out -Holli

I had managed to open the last drawer (I think he changed them ) when the door was knocked on. I jumped, startled by the sound and what I may mean. Not one nice dog-man had come through that door since I'd arrived. I immediately found myself cowering next to the chest, hoping the stranger didn't see me. I thought for a moment I had succeeded, hearing the dog-man talk to Merle.

My luck was short, however. Merle found me immediately, the stranger stood a few yards behind him. He tried to motion me over, I shook my head in refusal. Merle shook His head to the stranger, seeming upset or disappointed in me.

My heart suddenly felt like lead. Was he getting rid of me? He seemed disappointed in me, and now there was this stranger. I didn't want to go, I had to admit I had grown to sort of like it here. I definitely preferred it over the pet store at the least. I watched with horror as they traded places, Merle standing behind the stranger.

They didn't hesitate. The stranger who grabbed me and put me in the chair to have my hair cut hesitated. The two assistants who wrestled me to the floor hesitated. This dog-man walked right up to me and kneeled in front of me. She immediately touched my face and arm.

I bolted. I got up and ran. The back door was open, so I went there and just kept going. I would have fun forever if it weren't a fenced in yard. I ran and ran until I reached a bush, hiding behind it. I instantly realized that I couldn't hide forever, but that didn't stop me from staying where I was.

Merle didn't seem to come looking for me right away. I began to assess the situation. The stranger hadn't done anything bad to me, but they very well could have. I wasn't in a position to give these aliens the benefit of the doubt, especially the ones who weren't Merle. He hadn't done anything bad to me, except for the bath, which wasn't all that bad.

Soon enough, Merle came trudging through the yard, snapping twigs as he went. He walked right to me, as if he knew exactly where I was. The stranger stood far behind him, almost a hundred feet. He said my name, trying to call me over. Hesitantly, I rose to my feet and walked over to him. He still seemed unsure about something as he led me inside the house again.

On the coffee table sat a box that smelled delicious. The stranger kept their distance, which I was fine with. Merle showed me the inside of the box, a bunch of food was inside. He pulled a few things out, lifting a container and bringing it to the dog-man in the corner of the room. For a moment, I thought she may have just been a dinner guest, albeit a rude one. However, she stayed standing in the corner of the room.

I ate something that seemed similar to pizza. It had some kind of sauce and a dough. It was pretty good. All through the meal, she just stood in the corner, occasionally taking bites out of her food. I glanced at her occasionally, unsure of what to think of her. She remained neutral the rest of the night.

After the meal, it was dark. Merle got up, putting the dishes away. I followed nervously, not wanting to be left alone with the stranger. Shortly after, he handed me some clothes, pointing at my bedroom. I changed into them, realizing just how tired I was after the days events. I quickly fell asleep on the comfy bed, dressed in the clean clothes.

Published 11/19/18