Day 11, breakfast -Holli

For the next few days, not much happened between me and Merle. It had been much like the first few days, flash cards, playtime outside and the like. No more strangers, so that was nice. Nothing happened for an entire week.

I woke up to hear Merle doing something outside of my room. Yawning, I came out to see him. He greeted me as soon as I left the room, handing me my clothes for the day. Remembering our routine, I headed back into my room.

By the time I was dressed, he was done making breakfast for both of us. He set our plates of food, patting my head and handing me my drink. I wasn't entirely comfortable with him touching me like that, but I was more or less used to it. We sat across from each other and ate happily.

Merle seemed distracted again, just like a week ago. I was slightly concerned, it had never been a good thing. The food was delicious, scrambled eggs and bacon. Besides my paranoia, it was a pleasant meal.

Merle finished washing the dishes and took me upstairs. I followed willingly, not much bad has happened up there since that first bath. I'd had several more since then, and they'd become less and less scary. He took me to the bathroom as usual.

After using the bathroom, however, things changed. He washed my hands, but then held one and led me across the hall. It was the door from my second day with Merle, with toys and the bed. He took me inside, walking me to the bed and patting it. I had since learned this was his way of asking me to sit somewhere. I hesitated, unsure of why he would ask me to sit on a bed so early in the morning.

He offered me a piece of candy, so I sat down. He handed it to me, stroking my cheek and smiling. I smiled back. Though I was still slightly uncomfortable with being touched, I was starting to enjoy it. My smile fell when he started talking at the doorway before closing it behind him.

I was confused, unsure of what was going on. I decided to try and follow, but couldn't reach the door knob properly. Looking around, I found something to climb on top of. Now able to easily turn the knob, I found it was locked from the outside. Cursing Merle and his door-locking ways, I took a look around.

There were various toys scattered about, bins full of them against the walls. There were empty boxes and the like. I peered out the window in time to see my dog-man climb into the car he'd brought me home that first day.

There wasn't much for me to do other than entertain myself until he came back.

Published 11/26/18
Okay guys! Sorry for the short chapter, I needed to get something out for you guys, but I left my story plan at work.