Chapter 10

"Hello, and welcome to Good Evening, America! You saw them enter their names. You watched as they were selected. And today, our eight Chosen girls each hopped on a train - or plane - out of their hometowns, and arrived at the palace. For the next seven days, they will engage in a crash course on palace life, from table settings to corsets and everything in between. But first, let's see just how their journey went."

A montage plays, images and footage of each girl leaving their friends and family behind. You smile at the video of Carlie standing on tiptoe to give you a kiss on the cheek - she'll get a kick out of that. The sight of your hug with Dad, though, tugs at your heart.

"The first unofficial test came upon their arrival at a station just outside the palace, where they were able to meet citizens harking from locations across the globe, all clamoring for the attentions of the eight queens-in-training. The immediate favorites seem to be Germany's Rhea Unz and Rosa Perez of Argentina. Lady Rhea seems to have won over the crowd with her regal conduct and Mona Lisa smile - it's almost as though she were born royalty, wouldn't you agree, Rick?"

Richard Morgenstern, Ashley's co-host, grinned at the camera. "Yep. As for Lady Rosa, I think this right here sums it up." Rosa is every bit as intimidating on film as she is in real life, strutting past the crowds as if she owned the place, long blond hair streaming behind her. "I mean, wow."

"All right, Ricky, take it easy on the testosterone," laughs Ashley, playfully whacking his hand before turning to face the camera. "Be sure to check out the Good Evening, America website to read our Chosen profiles, see video updates from your favorite contestants, and let us know who you think is going to take home the crowd - or, rather, let the crown take them!"

Richard nods. "This is Ashley Marino and Richard Morgenstern, signing off."