CH.21

Sudden Invasion

•Chapter Twenty One•

(Gore Warning)

Perseus gave off a small sigh as he lay flat in the soft grass, the wind kept sweeping on his hair shielding his eyes from the setting sun. Perseus just told the Olympians to save their own arses an hour ago, the demigod was serious when he said that, he wanted the Olympians to save themselves and not let some pawn do it. Perseus closed his eyes a sigh escaping his lips, the cool air brushing against his skin.

The demigod enjoyed the peace and serenity that the scenery provided him with, no one knows, but Perseus had a troubled mind, this was only the few times that Perseus could enjoy some peace before reverting back to his normal cold demeanor. The demigod got up dusting the dirt off of his shirt and stretched, his limbs were quite lacking in oxygen from the lack of sleep he was getting, sleep deprivation was not something anyone wanted, but the demigod welcomed it with open arms.

There were small dark purple bags forming around Perseus' eyes, no matter how much the demigod tried to sleep, he could only sleep up to four hours every day, that was very bad for your health, but for Perseus, getting stabbed wasn't healthy either, yet he wasn't dying. Perseus decided to check out what was happening with Olympus, as much as he hated it, he hated not having some blood on his fingertips more, Perseus liked the peace and serenity, but he liked killing people more.

The demigod walked to the Empire State Building slowly, it's not that Perseus didn't want to go there, it's just Perseus wanted to lead the Olympians on and make it seem that he actually wasn't attending. The demigod entered the Empire State Building and walking to the desk clerk, Perseus looked at the person with a raised eyebrow.

"600th floor" Perseus said simply.

"There is no 600th floor ki-" the man was cut off, Perseus grabbed the keys and entered the elevator, Perseus gave the guy the finger before the doors closed, the demigod travelled up the building. The doors opened revealing a beautiful city littered with buildings with Grecian Architecture, Perseus ignored the place and went straight to the throne room. The demigod walked in front of the two big doors and opened, the door creaked as the Olympians looked at the door in confusion.

Perseus stepped out with a calm expression. The gods simply looked shocked that Perseus even came to Olympus, much less the throne room. The throne room was dead silent not one daring to speak.

"If you're not going to speak I'm just going to leave" Perseus said in a monotone voice, the gods were snapped out of their silence and straightened themselves.

"Perseus, you came" Athena said.

"Would you prefer me not to?" Perseus asked raising an eyebrow, the Olympians quickly shook their heads.

"What's with all this commotion about Zeus going missing, as far as I know it's a good thing he's gone, what's got you all so worked up" Perseus said leaning onto a random column.

"Zeus, he grabbed the scroll of Kings and used it" Athena said.

"The importance of this scroll is?" Perseus said.

"It grants the user immense power for a short period of time" Athena said.

"It's only for a short period what's the problem with that" Perseus said.

"After that short time, the user gains more and more power by the day up until they are as powerful as the Primordials" Athena stated, the demigod nodded signaling to continue on.

"The scroll was handed down from the Primordials themselves to good rulers and Kings, my father isn't a good King and abused its properties" Athena said.