CHAPTER 3 - WASTE NOT, WANT NOT

XiuYin wandered through the familiar layout until he reached the courtyard belonging to Lu ShiZun. However he was startled when he found the man he was looking for actually out in the courtyard, he was informed that he'd still be asleep like the lazy young master he is. What's more, he was in weird positions stretching his limbs outwards. XiuYin stood still from fear and fascination, what will he do next? He found himself wondering.

  He couldn't guess that Lu ShiZun would bend down to play with a small pile of ants whilst mumbling. XiuYin's hands were almost shaking to the point of spilling food. This was nothing like what they told me ah! He thought. Before he would actually spill any food, he decided it was time to announce his presence and so he coughed twice.

  After BiMing found the youth staring at him, he panicked and wondered how long he had been there for. But then he remembered that he was currently in another's body, he technically had a blank slate to start on... well a mostly blank slate anyway. He stood immediately and brushed the dust of the lower parts of his gown, that's when he realised he was still in his clothing from last night which were mucky. If he remembered correctly, the original owner of this body had OCD... He gulped before hardening his face, straightening his back and lifting his head.

  "What is your business here?" He asked, in a tone cool enough to chill one to the bones. XiuYin momentarily wondered if what he saw was an illusion.

  "Greetings to Lu ShiZun, this disciple is in charge of bringing your meals to you for now." XiuYin said as he respectfully bowed his head and lifted the tray in his hands.

  BiMing glanced at the steaming hot food on the tray and drooled. Ah... the last time I even smelt hot food was when some rich bastard farted... He licked his lips and thanked the gods for giving him a body with authority. He nodded and said, "Very well follow me." BiMing turned with a flick of his sleeves and speedily walked towards the entrance of his residence. After stepping in he hurriedly pulled out a small table and chair so that he could eat immediately when he heard a crash and shattering of china. He turned at the sound and frowned. The youth was stuck at the entrance, one foot still in midair whilst a small bowl of vegetables had scattered on the floor.

  BiMing panicked at the sight, what's happening? he thought. He saw the youths helpless eyes watch him in fear but he didn't speak, that probably meant this force field of some sort had him frozen. BiMing paced to and fro thinking, he then racked through the originals memory until he found the image he was looking for.

  The boy, younger than the current body, chanted a spell around the entrance before bringing out a blade made of jade and slicing his palm. He clenched his fist and extended his arm towards the entrance and let the crimson drops of blood drip. Not long after a wall of the purest white rose from the ground, growing and growing until it hit the ceiling where it paused, shimmered like starlight before disappearing from sight. The boy sighed in relief and his expression slackened, as if he were extremely tired and finally felt safe enough to take a break.

 Skipping forward in time a bit...

  The boy, now a few years older was given attendants, however, none could enter without a pendant with his blood in it for the barrier's purpose was to keep out anything, anyone who wasn't him.

  BiMing kept in mind where the original kept a box of jade pendants and his jade blade before rushing him off to find them.

  XiuYin, still frozen on spot felt more helpless with the passing second as he saw the man in front of him pace around a few times, then stop before closing his eyes and furrowing his brows as if in deep thought. ShiZun ah... now's not the time to meditate... He thought.