CHAPTER 17-A FEW YEARS LATER

A/N- above, current appearance of BiMing

 A few years later...

  "Xiu Yin! Get your ass here!" BiMing bellowed voice muffled by the mint green flowers he had fell face first into.

  Within the second a man appeared at lightning speed, his long, slightly wavy hair still in the air behind him catching up. The man, tall and broad, with lips slightly tilted upwards looked down at the slimmer man sprawled amongst flowers, hair disarray. XiuYin's eyes flashed as he spoke, voice now mature and carrying a rumbling effect. "Yes, Lu ShiZun?"

  "Yes? Yes? That all you gonna say? You know full well why I called you, I'm laying in the reason why I called you here. Explain!" BiMing stood up at last and brushed himself free of all petals within sight. Shaking his head as he glared at his disciple who grew a habit of leaving odd 'gifts' through the years. Eventually, BiMing grew to understand these were gifts to compensate for the vials of blood he gave XiuYin every week to keep him from going feral, he hadn't seen XiuYin go feral since that evening he was kidnapped. 

  "These flowers have the colours of your robes, fitting for it to be used to decorate your house," XiuYin replied calmly as he stepped forwards to pluck a stray petal out of Lu ShiZun's hair. 

  XiuYin was now at least a head taller than BiMing, he actually had to crane his neck to make eye contact when they stood to close. BiMing cursed inwardly at XiuYin's growth spurt, gone was the brat who he could tease easily, here was the oversized brat who now seemed to be doing the teasing... Give me back my cool ShiZun image ah!...

  "Decoration my ass, it's a mess! A mess! You know I don't have servants, you want me to break my back sweeping these up?" BiMing exclaimed, turning in a full circle causing some petals to flutter up and circle him. He looked like a wood nymph.

  "Lu ShiZun doesn't like it?" XiuYin asked in a cast down tone, his head lowered like a sad puppy. 

  BiMing inwardly cursed again, he thought this wasn't fair at all, XiuYin knew he was weak to these downcast looks of his. "Tch, don't pull this trick on me you brat... The colours pretty... Tch... come back within the hour, we're meeting someone later." BiMing flung his wrists out in a shooing motion, sleeves billowing beneath as he turned and walked off.

  XiuYin lifted his head and smiled as he watched Lu ShiZun through his lowered lashes. He watched Lu ShiZun's retreating back with sadness and affection. And longing, a longing that clawed at his lower regions, at his stomach, at his mind and at his heart. This longing feeling was dangerous and XiuYin knew it, not just because Lu ShiZun had no idea whatsoever about his feelings but also because of the parasite, it latched on to that feeling and often tried to take control. XiuYin closed his eyes for a moment so that he might calm down, slow his breathing. The small vial of blood that Lu ShiZun graciously provided him once a week. But it wasn't enough. For a year now the blood has only been barely holding back the parasite, most of the time XiuYin had to remain focused and diligent to keep things balanced. To keep his world from tilting. However XiuYin would not ask for more, he felt guilty enough for receiving the blood from Lu ShiZun once a week, and for harbouring feelings unbefitting for a disciple. XiuYin gulped and turned, stalking off to the nearby field to practise sword arts before meeting Lu ShiZun at the front gate.

  BiMing huffed and puffed after XiuYin had gone, he came back into the main room and planted both hands on his hips. "Brat.." He muttered before stepping into the middle of the mess and dropping into a backward arch followed by his feet so now he stood on his hands. Using his hands he spun himself at impossible speed and his spiritual powers leaked out of him like tentacles picking up each petal so that it surrounded him like a tornado. After a few seconds, he pushed himself onto his feet and drew his hands up and flung them out. The petals stuck to the walls across the rooms and stayed there. BiMing took a look around and nodded in approval. "Hm"

  BiMing walked off into his bedroom and pulled out a box from a drawer. opening it he stared blankly at all the letters gathered up through the years. The oldest ones yellowing around the edges. BiMing picked up the most recent one and scanned its contents once more.

  My little flower, you've grown strong, I'm surprised. I dream of your sleek long hair your pale white skin, eyes of the darkest hue and lips ready for plucking. I know just how you'll struggle when I mount. I do look forward to claiming you. But fate will not change, when the moon is pregnant, I will come for you at last. Enjoy what freedom you have left but heed my warning, stay away from the sick one, or I'll take matters into my own hand. See you around the corner.

  BiMing scrunched up the piece of paper and shoved it into his inner sleeve. "Fucking creep." He muttered. Over the years, the number of letters increased, Biming only kept them as evidence should he ever need to provide evidence. Recently he hired a man from out of town to investigate these letters, the subtle hints of places and times, the man was setting up a meeting today, he had found something. BiMing hoped it was something valuable for all those pieces of gold he spent. He was taking XiuYin to stand guard outside whilst he talked with the man. He didn't intend on letting XiuYin listen in, the boy was already oddly protective of him, BiMing had a feeling that if XiuYin were to find out about these vile letters, he might get angry enough to let the monster inside wreck havoc. BiMing shivered at the thought. 

  Half an hour later the two men were walking down the populated streets filled with the aroma of spices and wines.

  "Who is Lu ShiZun meeting?" XiuYin asked, watching BiMing sideways.

  "A friend," BiMing replied, finding the butterfly ornaments overly interesting.

  "Why would ShiZun carry a purse full of gold just to meet 'a friend'?" XiuYin asked, smiling. BiMing would not describe that smile as friendly or gentle... cunning? perhaps.

  "Ahem...Ah, we will be ordering beverages."

 "Beverages? Beverages at the Thousand Flower inn are mostly cheap."

  "Well... We're buying the house special...wine... yes."

  "I thought ShiZun swore off the wine after the last incident?"

  "Well, today an old exception...haha...meeting an old friend you see."

  "Why can't I be in there? Am I unwanted?" XiuYin pulled a pout.

  How can a man pout and still look manly ah! Not fair! BiMing thought.

  "Brat, we have grown up talk to talk about. Hush now we're here. I'll be out within the hour, watch the perimeters, don't let anyone in the room. I'll treat you afterwards." When they reached the inn BiMing suddenly became serious and walked straight in without a backward glance.

" When they reached the inn BiMing suddenly became serious and walked straight in without a backward glance

A/N- Current XiuYin (minus the forehead mark)

.................................................................................................

A/N-Whoop a new chapter, clapping myself on the back.

Hope you enjoyed!