CHAPTER 11 - THE FESTIVAL

ONE YEAR LATER~~

  At an incredible speed, a year had past.

  After a fitful night a year ago, XiuYin constantly kept himself busy to distract his mind from wondering back to those thoughts. Although Qin ShiZun's sword teaching was exquisite and he improved by leaps and bounds, he still found himself sometimes glaring at him, perhaps it was remnants of Lu ShiZun's teasing that caused him to act like this. Now 16, he had grown taller, now the same height as Lu ShiZun. His shoulders had become a little broader and his jawline more defined. His eyes were hooded with his thoughts most times, making him seem ignorant to the world, but at the sight of Lu ShiZun, an imaginary tail would always pop up and wag as he trailed after Lu ShiZun like a puppy.

  BiMing had not changed one bit. Although he knew deep down it wouldn't happen, he still wished to grow taller. Now his disciple was as tall as him and was still growing! He sighed at the lost of the little disciple who he had to bend to pinch his cheeks. BiMing was currently sat in his own study when the door burst open and he spat out the cinnamon cake in his mouth out of fright.

  "Lu ShiZun!" XiuYin rushed in with a bright smile. skipping with hands behind his back.

  "Wei... Look what you did, I just wasted half a cake from being scared of you!" BiMing frowned as he spoke. He's eat food off the floor but unfortunately he drew the line if the food had already entered his mouth previously and came out again...

  "Apologies Lu ShiZun... But do you know what today is?" XiuYin said as he swayed back and forth in front of Lu ShiZun.

  BiMing looked at his foolish but handsome disciple and sighed. "I hear nothing all day but rumours of how you're expressionless and aloof around others... especially Qin Ge, he complains that you're always staring daggers at him... where do those rumours even come from... look at you, you're like a puppy with an oversized bone." BiMing teased, trying to get a cute reaction out of him. Unfortunately over the past year XiuYin seemed to have grown partially immune to his teasing.

  "My pleasant side is only reserved for you ShiZun." XiuYin said smiling.

  "Tch... boring... you've even grown a sweet mouth now..." BiMing said as he perched his chin on a hand resting on the side table, secretly delighted that he receives special treatment from his disciple.

  "So... does ShiZun remember?"

  "Hm? Oh ugh... Oh! I know! It's chicken soup noodle for lunch today right!?" BiMing answered, no matter how much gourmet food he ate, he always felt excited for the next meal.

  XiuYin's smiled drooped and his eyes turned big and round as if whimpering. "ShiZun... last year you promised to take this disciple to the great lantern festival... have you forgotten?" He stopped swaying and his head lowered, bangs covering his eyes.

  Having no immunity to guilst trips, BiMing immediately said, "AhAhAh! I remember, hahaha, this ShiZun id getting old... Yes yes I'm taking you to the festival, let me just get ready!" BiMing stood up and shot towards his wardrobes, robes and hair fluttering behind him.

  He was gone so fast that he didn't notice the foxy grin that now replaced XiuYin's face, "Ah ShiZun you are truly cute..." He whispered under his breath and he clasped his hands behind him and went to wait outside.

  Whilst stood there an unexpected person arrived at the front. Someone uninvited.

  "Ah, Yin Ge Ge!"

  It was HeGui. Over the past year the vixen had noticed how increasingly handsome and believing that she herself was the most beautiful, she insisted on having the most handsome man for herself. She swaggered over with her half her breasts on view as she latched onto XiuYin's arm. XiuYin looked away in disgust, feeling nothing as she pressed her chest onto him. Due to formalities he refrained from pushing her off.

  "Yin Ge Ge, HeGui came especially to ask if you're free tonight."

  "No."

  "Ah...Yin Ge Ge, make an exception for me, it's the great lantern festival tonight come with me." She pleaded.

  "I'm going with another."

  "....Another? You have a date with someone else? Yin Ge! You know this is a festival that couples attend together right? You can't just carelessly go with another girl, dump her! Go with me!"

  "No." XiuYin replied once again, with hooded eyes staring into the distant. HeGui was about to open her mouth again when a voice shouted.

  "Xiao Yin? I'm ready, sorry that took a while I was distracted by the snack left from last-... Why if it isn't HeGui."

  At the sight of him HeGui curled her lips backwards. Since a year ago uncle told her she was not to play around with him or teach him a lesson anymore. Frustrated without anyone to vent her anger on, she often turned on her servants. Letting go of XiuYin's arm she gritted out "Don't get cocky you bastard..." She left before she accidentally lashes out at him.

  BiMing raised an eyebrow at XiuYin, "Becoming quite the ladies man aren't you? even snagging that awful vixen. Not the best choice though, she's not even that beautiful... only has those melons going for her..." BiMing said cupping imaginary breasts.

  "Lu ShiZun is much more beautiful than her.. and I'm not courting her, she comes and bothers me sometimes." XiuYin replied, taking in Lu ShiZun's graceful appearance.

  "Tch, no man like to be called beautiful XiuYin Ah..." BiMing said, lamenting at his appearance.

  XiuYin only chuckled as they began heading the festival.

  A few hours in and the sky had darkened whilst shop lights came on and the streets filled with chatter. Temporary shops were put up for games and activities whilst small restaurants brought out their tables and chairs. In the street walked two young men who caught many eyes. One dressed in greys and black, although monotone, the young man gave off an imposing and manly aura. Whilst the other in lighter, green robes emitted a carefree aura as they strode side by side. Many girls gawked at the eye candy.

   BiMing's hands were full of sweets and snacks, he couldn't stop buying along the way, even XiuYin's hands were full. The only reason they didn't put it into their space rings were because they were full too!

  Lu ShiZun ah... you're a bit of a glutton... XiuYin silently commented in his head. The two continued to walk a while engaging in a casual chatter until they heard a booming voice.

  "Ey! Walk by, pass by, but don't miss us! Check out our games and competitions. Want a thousand year old jay of plum blossom wine sweetened by natural honey? Simple! Display a talent good enough to impress and it's yours! 1 silver coin to participate, step up come up don't be shy!"

  BiMing's ears perked at the description of the wine. Although he was no drinker, it did sound quite delicious, and it was sweet too! He smiled and thought, I bet I can put on a good show hehehe... BiMing walked over and tossed a coin.

  "Very good sir, we have a contestant! Your name?"

  "BiM- Ugh BiLiu" He said, remembering to keep a low profile.

  "Good name! And what will you do to try and impress the audience tonight?"

  BiMing smiled coyly before confidently announcing, "I will dance."

.........................................................................................................................

A/N- yoooooooooo, another chapter... sorry for the cliff hanger heheh...

-image above of 16 yr old XiuYin, he's still developing hehehe

- another time skip in a few chapter ufufufu, I know some ofyou are waiting for nobleed worthy scenes... calm your innerselves people XD

Hope you enjoyed!