1. Friendship

-> FAST FORWARD LIKE A DAY <-

Ken and Naruto became fast friends.

And by fast,

I mean fast.

"You're my bestest friend." Naruto told her as she figured out chopsticks.

"Yay." Ken replies in a deadpan tone, but looked at him and smiled.

Her mask was covering her face, but the way her eyes crinkled in happiness, Naruto knew.

Suddenly, Naruto shot towards her and grabbed her middle, hugging tightly.

Ken wheezed before returning the hug, holding in a cough as she patted his head.

Naruto let go and gave her his biggest smile.

Ken turned around and exploded in coughs, blood starting to leak out of her mask.

"Ken-chan! I'm so sorr-" He was interrupted by more coughs.

Ken turned back around, the faint smell of blood lingering.

"Sorry I ruined the moment, Naruto-kun."

==============

After they had slurped up their ramen and udon, Ken insisted they at least pick up some mochi.

By some, she means 500.

"So where do you want to go after this, Naru?" Ken asked distractedly as she took 30 mochi from each flavor.

"Hmm.." Naruto scratched his cheek.

His bright blue eyes brightened. "Do ya think we can go to your house, Ken-chan?"

Ken smiled, something that usually didn't happen often.

What did she have to smile about? The entire world doubted her, it seemed like the world had no place for a sick shinobi, and she was inevitably going to die prematurely.

But ever since she met Naruto Uzumaki...

Ken stared at his bright blue eyes, mesmerized.

For as long as she could remember, the beauty of people's eyes fascinated her.

"Excuse me.." A little girl, Ken, tapped the shoulder of one of her classmates.

She grimaced for a split second and held in a cough.

"Huh?" The popular girl turned from her group of friends and looked to her.

"You have beautiful eyes." Ken told her shyly.

In her opinion, it was true. The girl had electric blue, that sparked with determination. It had flickers of green as well.

The blonde girl's nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Your weird." She told Ken, shaking her head.

The girl scoffed and turned back to her friends.

"Oh.."

Ken shook herself out of it and nodded, packing up her huge box of mochi. She handed the man at the counter the money and looked toward a hopeful Naruto.

"Sure."

"I KNEW IT, DATTRBAYO!"

Ken chuckled and ducked herself out of the stand.

==================

Ken led Naruto to her home, a humble apartment with mint green walls on the outside.