20. Problems

Ken was red in the face, and an embarrassed feeling in her gut made her want to curl up into a ball and perish on the spot.

"H-Hello Auntie Anko." Ken coughed, sending a pleading look in Neji's direction. The Hyuga, his lips twisted into a smile, said nothing and only shook his head, chuckling.

"My darling Ken Mitarashi!" Anko's eyes were alight with mischief, which confirmed Ken's suspicions that she was doing this all on purpose.

Burying her red face in her hands, she pleaded. "Please, Auntie, j-just talk about the Forest of Death already and make a grand exit."

The woman's eyes lit up as she focused back on that. She was extremely similar to Naruto in the fact that she could get distracted easily and was energetic, but Ken prayed Naruto would never grow to be as clinically insane as her aunt. "Fuck yeah! Right, listen up you pathetic piece of shits! Tomorrow, meet me at Training Ground 44!" Her eyes twinkled with glee. "Also known as the Forest of Death!"

Murmurs broke out among the genin, but Anko just cackled. Flipping off a frowning Ibiki, she blew a kiss in Ken's direction and backlipped out of the broken window she came in from.

"Ken." Ibiki's tired voice caught everyone's attention. He was staring blankly at the broken window, lips pressed in a firm line. "Remind me to report Anko for public property damage." His shoulders sagged as he sighed. "Again."

Ken nodded quickly, though shuffled her papers and adjusted them to avoid meeting anyone's curious gaze.

"Right. Dismissed, everyone." Ibiki barked out for everyone to leave, which was followed by a few shrieks, shuffles, and distinct murmuring.

"Hah." Ken laughed weakly, then suddenly slammed her head onto the desk. The testing room had emptied out, and only her team, Ibiki, and a few of the chunin remained.

"Ken!" Naruto scrambled out of his seat towards her. "Be strong." He hissed dramatically. "We'll get through this. We can even get group therapy together, dattebayo."

"I really hope one day it'll be revealed you were adopted or something, and Anko isn't really related to you." Sasuke massaged his temples tiredly. "It's fine though. She was actually sort of tame, unlike..." He narrowed his eyes, lips pulling into a frown. "Last time."

Ken shivered, and Naruto placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. The horror. The screaming. The blinding, flashing lights, the cackles, the music...

"Well, I guess we should go now." Ken sighed.

Ibiki appeared near them, collecting the papers with a huff. "Don't die, and don't get zero sleep, brat."

"Bye Ibiki-oji!" Ken smiled, waving her hand in goodbye merrily. A few chunin shared glances and began snickering. Ibiki glared down at her.

"Stop calling me that." He reminded her through gritted teeth.

Ken nodded, her eyes shining. "Uh-huh, of course Ibiki-oji."

"I have a reputation to uphold." He sighed, then shooed them out. Moments later, they heard yelling through the door. "Stop slacking! Hurry up or I'll demote all of you!"

"Hey, didn't we have like a Rookie 9 teams meeting thing soon?" Naruto thought aloud idly, looking up at the blue sky.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us earlier! Shit, let's go!"

"K-Ken—!"

"Ino's going to kill me, Naruto! Kill me!"

"...I'm not going."