Four

Inside the spacious and elegant room, Kim Taehyung sat awkwardly in front of the CEO's desk. Mr. Jeon called for his right hand man, Mr. So, to get the medicine kit so he could treat his wounds.

Tae fidgeted on his seat as he basked in the awkward silence that filled the whole room.

"You really resemble your father." Mr. Jeon uttered, breaking the silence.

Taehyung could only nod in response. It's not new to him that the CEO and his father used to be great friends... when he was still alive.

This was the reason why Mr. Jeon hired him as an assistant and even gave him a new car. The older said that he had a huge debt to his father that no amount of money could suffice. Since he's already dead, the CEO decided to pay off his debt by helping Taehyung.

"How's your... mother?" The older asked a bit hesitant.

Taehyung almost smirked. Everyone knew that his mother was a crack up whore who would take on any man in exchange of money and other material things. Due to this, people started to think that Taehyung was the same as his mother.

Way back in college, Taehyung experienced bullying and even sexual harrassment when the students learned about his mother. They picked on him, saying that he's a son of a whore whom everyone in the village already tasted.

It became tough for Taehyung to push through his studies because of this. However, his urge not to end up like his mother gave him a reason to continue studying amids his struggles.

He knew that the students will not stop on bullying him, so he learned how to fight back. Gone were the days when he would just cry in the the corner and accept all the hate.

Taehyung became a real bitch. If everyone thought that he's a bitch who loved to spread his legs to anyone, then let them think that way.

"Has she returned?"

Tae's reminiscing was interrupted by Mr. Jeon. He looked down to his hands before answering.

"No sir. She's...... I don't know." Tae sighed. His mother had never contacted him for 3 years now. She left him all alone after his father died. She didn't even grieve over his father.

"Don't worry child. I'm here to help you in any way I can." The older smiled at him. Mr. Jeon had always been true to his words.

For the past three years, he had been helping Taehyung by providing financial assistance until he was able to graduate.

"Thank you sir." Taehyung was really grateful to him. Sometimes he wondered how huge the debt of this man could be towards his father, for him to give so much.

Mr. So entered the room with the medicine kit in hand. He treated Taehyung's wounds before leaving the two quietly.

Taehyung started to fix himself before leaving.

"I'll go to my place now sir." He said before heading to the door.

Mr. Jeon called him out.

"Wait Taehyung. I forgot to tell you something." The older stated.

Taheyung stopped on his tracks before looking back.

"I'll be retiring soon, and my son would be in charge of the company. Don't worry, I'll tell him that he can't replace you as the secretary. Please be good to him and help him." Mr. Jeon uttered, smiling fondly at him.

Taehyung nods his head. "I will sir. Thank you."

With that, Taehyung left the room and headed to his place. He arranged the things on his desk before checking the CEO's shedule.

Thank goodness Mr. Jeon didn't have any meeting that day. Taehyung was not in his best condition to attend meetings with him. His body still ached from the previous cat fight he had.

If I happen to see that bitch again, even not in this company, I'll make sure to beat the shit out of her.

Taehyung decided to go down the cafeteria. He made sure to prepare himself for a bunch of rumors that have already circulated in the company.

After what happened, people would surely think that he's the CEO's lover.

And he's right.

As soon as he entered the cafeteria, people stopped talking to look at him. It became silent as if an angel passed by.

Well he's far from being an angel. He's a devil in disguise.

Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders. He bought his food on the counter and sat on a nearby chair, where no one dared to sit. He casually ate alone, not minding the stares of the people around.

"Is this seat occupied?"

Taehyung heard a voice on his left side. He glanced at the man, who's smiling cutely at him. He looked like a mochi.

"Are you seeing someone?" Tae sarcastically said before rolling his eyes. He's not in the mood to socialize with someone right now.

"Then it's good."

To his surprise, the man sat in front of him, still smiling. He started eating under Taehyung's scrutinizing stare.

"Are you sure you're not eating with the wrong person?" Taehyung asked after a while. He couldn't believe someone wanted to seat with him.

"Yes. What's wrong?" The man said, cluelessly.

"Don't you feel that everyone is staring at us right now?" Taehyung saissily asked.

The man looked around and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care. I'll sit wherever I want." He continued eating.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes. "Don't blame me if you get attacked by them later on for befriending the bitch."

"Who's the bitch?" The man questioned with his puppy eyes.

"Me." Tae casually answered.

The man just nodded. "But I don't think you're a bitch." He uttered before eating again.

For the first time that day, Tae smiled genuinely. He didn't know why but this person made him feel like he had found a good friend.

"What's your name?" Tae asked while munching his food.

"Jimin. Park Jimin."

Taehyung nodded. "I'm Kim Taehyung. Hey Jimin, do you want to be my friend?"

Jimin stopped eating and looked at him. "Why do you think I sit here with you? Of course, I'd love to." He smiled brightly, making his eyes disappear.

Taehyung smiled back.

This day isn't so bad after all.