Twenty Seven

Going to work doesn't feel like torture until now. Taehyung hates every step he makes as he went inside the building where Jungkook is waiting for him.

He's not feeling good.

Seeing Lisa coming out of the CEO's office doesn't help. It only angered him even more that he almost grabbed her by the hair, but he held it all in.

He sighed, not wanting to waste his energy to someone like her.

Taehyung composed himself, stopping by the door leading to the CEO's office.

He stood outside, contemplating on what to say in order to save himself from the pain that awaits behind the closed door.

Let's talk about us.

He bit his lower lip, trying to control his emotions that were stirred up by those words.

He's scared.

Jungkook hadn't contacted him for two days and now he wanted to talk about their relationship?

How obvious could he be?

It's clear as the day that he wanted to break up with him.

Taehyung sighed as he prepared himself for the worst. He didn't bother knocking as he opened the door.

He was met by the face he had longed to see for the past two days, the sole reason for his swollen eyes and shattered heart.

The sound of the opening door made the ravenette look up. Their eyes met for a long while, and Jungkook couldn't help but curse himself internally, noticing the tired look on the brunet's face.

"Good morning." Taehyung greeted, forcing a smile on his lips.

He slowly made his way towards the CEO's desk, eyes not leaving those charcoal black eyes that seem to watch his every move.

"Let's get to the point." Taehyung sat opposite to the ravenette.

He's so calm and composed on the outside, but he's really dying on the inside.

"Are you going to ask me to break up with you?" He asked, trying his best not to choke on his words.

He needs to stay strong. He couldn't embarrass himself even more in front of this man.

If he's going to end everything they have, then it's better if Taehyung would put on a facade.

He won't let Jungkook see him breaking down.

"Just tell me what you want and I'll agree. No buts, no ifs." Taehyung stared at the ravenette as if he's not going to break out in tears soon.

He clasped his hands firmly on his lap to the point that his knuckles turn white.

Jungkook sighed, looking at the brunet in front of him with his wide hazel eyes piercing his soul.

"Are you sure?" the ravenette asked, making Taehyung hold his breath.

"Yes. I'm going to agree with everything you want." He uttered, voice almost cracking.

He could do this.

He's good at pretending that nothing affects him. This is just a piece of cake.

He won't be hurt.

He won't shed a tear.

He's tough, and this isn't something that will break him.

No...

Jungkook sighed once more and gazed at the brunet intensely.

"Okay." He agreed, standing from his seat.