Forty

During the weekend, Taehyung locked himself in his room, crying all day until there's no more tears left for him to cry.

His friends would check on him from time to time, wanting to make sure he's not harming himself because of everything that has happened.

They wanted to visit him and be by his side, but Taehyung had begged them to give the weekend all to himself.

He wanted to clear his mind and be prepared when Monday comes, the day he'll be handing his resignation to the ravenette.

This thought always sends a bitter taste to his mouth which will suddenly bring tears to his eyes.

He doesn't want to leave him.

He doesn't want to stop loving him.

However, he has to.. even if he doesn't want to. He finally accepted the truth that there's no more hope for them.

Jungkook would never love him again for as long as he has the hatred in his heart for something Taehyung hasn't done in the first place.

It's just meaningless to keep on staying by Jungkook's side when he no longer wants to be with him.

It's foolish.

Therefore, he must stop.

Taehyung kept on convincing himself that his decision is for the better. Every time he would have a change of heart, he would think about the hurtful words Jungkook had told him.

He would try to remember how he was treated so badly, how he had hurt him over and over again and this seemed to be effective.

Love is no longer enough to make him stay.

Love is no longer enough to cover the pain.

--------

Monday, Taehyung woke up late but he didn't care if he's late for work and for sure Jungkook didn't care as well.

He lazily checked his phone, seeing Jimin and Jin flooding his inbox. He opened the previous one from Jimin, his brows instantly furrowed at the content.

Mr. Jeon Jungho showed up in the office today! He's back!

He's discharged from the hospital?

Taehyung immediately dialed Jimin's number, hoping that the latter isn't in the middle of doing something.

He waited patiently as he paced back and forth in the living room. A few rings and Jimin finally answered.

"Hey, Chim. What do you mean Mr. Jeon Jungho is back?" He asked in a snap.

"He's here." Jimin whispered.

"He's finally back?" Taehyung asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah. He suddenly showed up in the meeting with the directors. They're still inside the conference room." Jimin said in a hushed voice.

"Wait.. I'll just go somewhere secluded so I can tell you everything." Jimin whispered once more.

Taehyung heard movements from the other line as he waited for Jimin. He couldn't help but think of a lot of things when Jimin's voice resurfaced.

"So what was I saying?" Jimin asked.

"The meeting." Taehyung reminded.

"Oh yes. So hear this. Your ex boyfriend called for a meeting today with the board members and directors." Jimin started.

"I don't know the agenda, but in the middle of it all, your ex boyfriend's father suddenly showed up and barged in the meeting." He continued.

"Could you stop saying ex boyfriend, Jiminie?" Taehyung patiently requested.