Fourteen

"Please have a seat."

Taehyung politely asked Lisa to take a seat on the couch inside the CEO's office.

He forced a smile, making sure to act professional amidst his rising frustration and anxiety.

"Thank you, Taehyung." Lisa said in a friendly tone that somewhat made Taehyung cringe a bit. She smiles fondly at him which only made Taehyung feel guilty.

She seems nice, and Taehyung shouldn't treat her bad just because she claims to be Jungkook's girlfriend.

Though the thought still brings a bitter taste to his mouth, he couldn't just snap at her since Jungkook and him don't really have something official going on between them.

They kissed. Yes.

Almost fucked, even.

But then, what exactly are they?

He's so unsure unlike this woman who labels herself as 'the girlfriend'. Taehyung tried his best to prevent his emotions from showing on his face.

Jungkook is not inside the office when they arrived. He must have went outside when Taehyung was in the cafeteria.

"Mr. Jeon might have gone outside for lunch." Taehyung informed after a while.

Lisa just smiled at him. "I don't think so. I told him over the phone that I'll be coming over to bring him lunch." She beamed, lifting the paperbag she's been holding, which Taehyung hasn't noticed until now.

"Oh." Taehyung could only nod his head after his not so long response. He felt his stomach churn at this information.

"Maybe I should call him." Lisa muttered, fumbling through her pockets for her phone.

Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders, pretending to be unaffected as he went back to his cubicle. He told himself not to listen, but his mind just keeps on doing otherwise.

"Jungkookie~" Lisa cutely purred as she paces back and forth across the room.

The brunet rolled his eyes in annoyance, hearing her being all cutesy on the phone, knowing fully well she's talking to Jungkook.

"Where are you? I'm already here inside your office." Lisa pouted as if Jungkook can see her. She folded her arms over her chest, pretending to be angry.

"What? Hurry up Jungkookie~ I'm starving." She added in a sweet childlike tone accompanied by her giggles that annoyed the hell out of Taehyung.

He grips tightly on the mouse, clicking with too much force as he bit his lower lip in suppressed jealousy and anger, not caring if he'll end up tasting blood from it sooner or later.

Fucking end that fucking call.

Taehyung is dying to shove the phone away from Lisa, but the last piece of patience he has wouldn't let him do so.

Breathe in... Breathe out..

He chanted on his mind as a mantra to keep himself at bay. Nothing good will happen if he'll let his bad mouth take over his rational thinking.

"He said he's on his way back." Lisa eagerly shared the news to Taehyung who just nodded his head and forced the fakest smile.

"That's good." He answered in monotone which Lisa didn't seem to notice.

Taehyung deliberately dismissed whatever Lisa is going to say when he started pressing the keys on the keyboard, pretending to be typing something work-related. He doesn't want to talk to her anymore nor look at her.