The Challenge

I was on the cage my cage. Without anyone on it. I saw as some people came in trying to tell me to come down. But I refused. I didn't like how they were treating us. Stuck in cages with no contact to the outer world. Caging us as if we were dangerous villains. Okay maybe they aren't dangerous however, I will fight for my freedom. I will always fight for my freedom. I have wasted all my life being trapped I will not be trapped or caged in like a beast no more. "Come down." 

I smirked. "Nah, what's the fun in that?" I dug my toes under one of the bars as my heels were supported on top of the other bar. My feet were cricked but it will work. Everyone has an error. They don't realize how stupid they are. all of them waiting in between my cage and the guys cage. All of them in between us. The funny part is they were doomed. Whichever way you looked at it. They are stupid. "Your boyfriend is moving. He won't care where you went." 

"But that is a lie." I said pulling the cage with my feet towards them as the cage started to tip over I jumped and did a front flip grabbing the guys cage bars with my hands throwing myself onto his cage. 

I felt like I was in a circus. I watched as the cage fell onto them. "One thing you will learn, never try to get under my skin or struck any nerves or push any more of my buttons. For this will be all of your workers destiny." I spoke. 

I turned my head to give him a glare of death as something struck my in the back and I collapsed to my feet. I felt paralyzed. "What did you do to her?!" The guy below me asked. He was the one in the cage and yet he was worried for me?

"Temporary paralysis. She will wake up soon. Completely. Just in time for the field tests. I have a feeling the president will love our progress." 

"Please, you picked someone up from a gang. You didn't teach me jack-shit." I slurred my words as I felt my strength fading away. 

I could feel all of my words turning into groaning mumbles. Whatever they gave me just numbed my body. I didn't feel tired. Whether that was due to the adrenaline or not. I closed my eyes and pretended I was asleep. Opening my eyes just a tad. "that is unfair to her!" I could hear them yelling in objection. 

I felt the wind of my face change directly as if I was moved from the spot. I could see the floor slowly changing. I was being pushed. I heard the doors closed. We turned right and I counted the seconds. 1,2,3......29 before we made a left turn. 1,2,3,.....74 we made a right turn and we didn't turn after that. We just moved straight. We stopped abruptly as I heard a sound of a card swipe and a little ding. We needed a card. Let's hope this field test is something outdoorsy. So we can get out. Barely a week in here and I was already planning an escape route. 

I was dumped literally off of the bed and onto the ground. Damn, ass wholes. I could hear the chip go again. Wow, jeez. Can't even get back in without a chip. Which meant people thought this facility was shut down. Which also means you can't show them proof unless you can get through the door, and in order to do that you have to have the key. I needed to rebel.  He wants me to show off my fighting skills to the president? Well I say fuck it, I am not doing that. I will fight without fighting. I could finally feel I was getting regulation through my body. I could start feeling my body's awakening. I moved my fingers and got my shoulders rotating. I moved my toes. I rolled my ankles and straightened and curled my back. I moved my neck side to side opening my eyes. I moved my wrists and my elbows. I scrunched up my nose as I pushed myself up standing weakly but I could feel my strength returning. I stood up. "I refuse to fight." I spoke daringly. 

I watched two men come out. They had guns. "How the fuck is this fair?" I looked behind me. I was fenced in and it was a maze. 

I had to get through a maze? I will fucking cheat. I started running through the maze and keeping quiet. I jumped into a bush making sure they weren't behind me as I slid down. Wait. They would expect that. I looked at the leaves and backed away. I started running through the hedges of thorns and bushes. I saw the sides. You could see the tree trunks and branches growing along the side. I ran towards the one pulling my body weight as I threw myself onto the tree climbing it. I Stared down below. I saw a man looking for me. I could see the other man on the other side of the maze. I have no idea what made me do it but I jumped from my spot of hiding and grabbed him my back opened as I stared at the man in fear. What had they done to me? 

I started to spin around with the man. Him unable to make the shot as the gun flew on one side as I released him and he hit a wall. I looked up to see the blue sky. Tears started to stream down my face. I was free. Wait, it wouldn't be that easy. If they gave me these wings than they must have some booby trap. I flew down and grabbed a branch flying back up and throwing the twig as far as possible. I saw it get zapped. It was a mirage, a hallucination, a fake, a lie. Dammit. I flew back down to the ground as. I blended into the bush as the one guy walked past me, I came out of the bush grabbing his one hand that held the gun pulling it towards me as I ducked and kicked him in the balls. I used my other hand to punch him out knocking him out. He fell to the ground. I flew up and saw more men coming out. I grabbed a tree. I used the gun to tie it across the one side. I grabbed the other side of the branch it wanted to be free. I pulled it away from everyone who was nearing me. I let it go as it hit everyone as if it were a slingshot. 

"Endurance training next." The intercom was loud. 

Endurance training? I let them surround me I wanted them to do so. I put my hands up in the air. "What do you say we have some fun boys?" I asked smirking. 

I fell to the ground quickly using my leg to make them all fall down onto the ground. I watched them all fall down one by one. I flew up. There was no hell, except for here. I would fight. I am done being their lab-rat. And if that means flying into the electric zapping then I would do it. I flew faster. "NO STOP!" I heard the announcer shout. I kept flying. 

He sounded panicked. Which meant no one else did this. Which meant they never planned for this. I flew and hit the barrier getting electrocuted. I could feel the electricity burst through my veins and zap me. And I knew it would keep going as my body shook vigorously but then it stopped. When it stopped, I closed my eyes and felt my strength leave me. I could feel the wind gush through my face whipping it then nothing. 

<<VOTE/COMMENT>>

What do you think happens next?