16.

"LUNA! LUNA'S HERE!" 

The youngest Swan grinned at the two new additions to the pack, Brady and Collin, ran towards her. She wrapped her arms around their necks, the three of them walking up the steps to Emily and Sam's house. 

"You aren't wearing your ring." Emily pointed out, not seeing the beautiful engagement ring that used to set on Luna's finger. 

Luna held up a finger, pulling the chair from under her shirt that had her ring hanging from it, "Bella was starting to question where it came from so I just put it on a chain to hide it." 

"Why hide it?" Paul asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I don't wanna tell my parents, or Bella, about it yet." The brunette shrugged, going to sit on Embry's leg. 

"So when are you going to tell them?" Jared questions, his mouth full of muffin. 

"After Bella and Edwards' wedding." Embry mumbled, not really having a choice in the matter thanks to his fiance.

"Speaking of that, will you be my date?" Luna turned towards him with a pout. "I can have a plus one, and I don't want to go alone." 

"Sorry babe, but, uh, I'm not allowed to go over to their side." Embry frowned. "Sam's orders. 

"Sam." Luna let out a whine, turning to the alpha. 

"Sorry, Little Moon. I need him here." Sam walked over to kiss the top of his head. 

"I'll be your date." Seth piped up, "Mom's making me go with her, Billy, and Charlie." 

"And that's why I love you so much." The two grinned at each other. 

"Speaking of Billy, has anyone seen or heard from Jacob since he ran off?" Sam asked. 

Luna quickly looked down at her and Embry's hands, playing with his fingers and could feel their eyes bore into her. 

"Luna." Jared crouched down in front of her and Embry so that he was eye level with the youngest Swan. 

"Stop looking at me like that." She mumbled, still playing with her fiance's fingers. 

"Luna, have you talked to Jacob?" Jared asked. 

"Yes. He called me the other day." Luna sighed, "Said he was somewhere in Canada and he's safe." 

"Why didn't you tell us you talked to him?" Sam questioned, raising an eyebrow at her. 

"Because he told us not to tell anyone." 

"Us?" Emily asked. 

"Thanks for throwing us under the bus, Luna." Quil mumbled. 

Just then Luna's phone started to ring and she stood up to pull it out of her back pocket.

"Rose?" 

"Alice wants you to come help for the wedding tomorrow." Rose spoke, "Bella's refusing to walk in heels and Alice wants you to help get her to walk better." 

"Alright, I'm on my way." Luna said before hanging up. "And that's my rescue call. Bye, I love you!" She pecked his lips before running out of the house. 

"I love you, too!" Embry shouted, loud enough for her to be able to hear him. 

513 Words