22.

"Go change

"Go change." Was the first words to leave Embry's mouth as Luna opened the front door.

The youngest Swan raised an eyebrow as she looked up at her fiancé.

"What for?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because we're going on a date at the beach." He told her, "Wear a swim suite and bring extra clothes, you're at my place tonight."

"Since when was he the boss of me?" Luna mumbled, going up the stairs and into her bedroom.

"Since I asked you to marry me!" He called after her.

"God, I hate him." She mumbled again.

"No you don't!"

"Stupid werewolf hearing."

"I heard that!"

"Kiss my ass."

"My pleasure, baby!"

✖✖✖

The two had been on the beach for half the day and the sun was slowly setting but it wasn't dark outside. Embry let out a laugh as Luna squealed as the waves came up and hit her ankles.

"Why are you laugh?" She giggled, running back over to him and sitting on the blanket they had brought.

"Is that Luna and Embry?" They heard the voice of Jared ask and they looked up to find him and the rest of the pack, including the imprints, walking onto the beach.

"So much for being a date." Embry mumbled as they got closer.

"Hey guys." Seth grinned, sitting down next to them.

"Hi, Seth." Luna flashed him a smile, leaning back into Embry's warmth as the wind started to blow.

"Any word from your sister or the Cullen's?" Sam asked the youngest Swan.

"Nope." She shook her head, "Last I heard she was sick so they were staying for a few days longer."

"Sick my ass." Jacob scoffed.

"Hey." Luna frowned over at one of her best friends. "It's not your decision, or anybody else's. It's Bella's. And whatever side she chooses, we have each other."

"It's different with you and me, Luna." Jacob said. "I'm not in love with you like I am with Bella."

"I would hope not." Luna gave him a look of disgust, "That'd be like dating my brother."

"That and Embry would reck your ass." Paul smirked.

"Let's get off of Bella." Kim clapped her hands together. "Anymore decision's on the wedding?"

"Not really." Embry shrugged one of his shoulders, "It's not gonna be straight away, not like Edward and Bella."

"Besides I'm a year away from graduating high school, I think we can wait that long." Luna said, "But I did by a wedding planning book and a couple magazines. They're in my room at Charlies."

"You inviting the Cullen's?" Jared asked.

"I'm gonna have too." Luna said, "Bella's my sister, and where Bella goes Edward follows."

"It'll be okay." Emily smiled at the younger girl, "Your wedding will be amazing."

"Yeah, with both Charlie and Sam walking you down the isle."

"What's so bad about that?" Luna turned to Quil with an eyebrow raised.

"Nothing." Quil shrugged, "I find it funny that you made him cry when you asked him too."

"Shut up, Quil." Sam glared at the younger boy.

✖✖✖

Luna walked into her boyfriend's bedroom, using a towel to dry her hair so that it wasn't dripping anywhere. Dropping it to the floor, she straddled her fiance's waist as he laid on his back on his bed.

Embry's hands impulsively going straight to her hips as if it were second nature.

"What's wrong?" She asked, looking down at him.

"Huh? Nothing's wrong, baby." Embry tried to tell her, but Luna could see right through her boyfriend.

"Em, come on." Luna leaned down to where she was laying on him, her chin sitting on her hands that rested on his chest.

Embry sighed, letting go of her hips and running his hands down his face, "I wanted one day, one day, to just spend the day on the beach. Just the two of us, but that was ruined when everyone invited themselves to stay."

"Em, baby, the beach is for everyone." Luna laughed, "It's not private. Besides, I love having them around. It's like our own little family in a world where everything is normal for just a second. I mean from the moment Bella and Edward met, this whole thing has been nothing but a disaster. She falls in love with a vampire, and they start dating which brings a whole lot of trouble around. With you and Jacob, and Quil, and the others, for a split second everything seems normal and easy to handle."

"We turn into wolves." Embry laughed, arms wrapping around Luna's waist.

"Yeah, but not unless your angry, or patrolling, or helping out with whatever danger is lurking around because of my sister." Luna mumbles, a yawn leaving her lips. "I'm just glad I have you to protect me."

"I'm always going to protect you." Embry mumbled, kissing the crown of her head.

The two stayed in that position, not moving for hours as they boy slowly fell asleep.

847 Words

Author's Note

This chapter is dedicated to @Dancingsamia7.I know you wanted this before the wedding between Bella and Edwards, but I think I had already written that chapter out. I did get around to it though so here you go.