Chapter Forty-Five

A/N: HEYY GUYS!

So I got my SAT scores today and let's just say I'm glad I did better on the ACT instead.

ANYway, just a quick heads up, this chapter has a littleeeeee spoiler for Far From Home. I mean, like really, really small spoiler. As in it's not even a spoiler, but maybe it would help you put two and two together when you watch the movie. But it's only like one line so I put a spoiler warning before and after it and you can just skip that part, and won't really make a difference to the rest of the chapter.

Also, this chapter is almost 8,000 words long, can I please have a round of applause for having two long chapters in one month AND getting them out on time? *bows* Why, thank you, thank you.

————————————————————

"Stop looking."

————————————————————

"Officials say he's helped the NYPD catch over a hundred robbers in the past three months alone. He calls himself, and I quote, 'a friendly, neighborhood, Spider-Man.' What made this hero decide to help his neighborhood, no one knows. But one thing's for sure, he's nice to have around. In other news..."

Spider-Man was a peculiar hero in Adelaide's opinion. She found it strange that he only 'worked out of the good of his heart.' It was the 21st century. Nobody did anything unless there was something in it for them. Maybe the government was secretly paying him or maybe he worked with the NYPD undercover. No other explanation made sense to her. Whoever he was, she thought he was...strange.

"Why aren't you dressed yet?" Pepper asked, coming to stand behind the couch the teenager was sitting on. Adelaide looked down at what she was wearing. It was the same thing she had put on this morning when she got dressed for school: jeans, a shirt, and a leather jacket.

"...I am dressed," Adelaide answered.

"I wasn't aware that we were going to a motorcycle street race," the woman said, narrowing her eyes at the teenager, "Get dressed. No leather. No black."

"Fine," Adelaide groaned, dragging herself off the couch to her room. She wasn't sure she had anything that wasn't leather or black. Nevertheless, she rummaged through her closet and walked out a few minutes later wearing a navy blue dress with white collars.

The last time she had worn a dress, it had been at the party Tony had thrown to celebrate the capture of Loki's scepter from the HYDRA base. That was one party that hadn't ended well. Admittedly, being in a dress had made it a lot harder to fight the ultron bots and Adelaide contemplated going back to change into jeans in case something decided to go wrong at the science fair. But before she could, Pepper stopped her.

"See, you do own clothes that aren't leather or black," she smiled. The teenager frowned.

"I hate wearing dresses," she grumbled.

"Don't worry, you'll be out of it soon," the woman reassured her, patting her shoulder. "Now come on, or we will be late."

"Relax honey," Tony said, adjusting his suit, "It doesn't start until 7:30 and its only 7."

"It's literally an hour away, how can you say that," Pepper deadpanned. They began bickering about the billionaire's lack of respect for time and Pepper's need to be everywhere ten minutes early and how many episodes of Downton Abbey Happy had missed because of that.

Adelaide tuned them out to avoid the headache. She had formulated a plan to not raise suspicion. Tony and Pepper would drive themselves to the school while Happy drove Adelaide. That way, no one would see her getting out of the car with them.