Chapter One Hundred Thirteen

A/N: I MADE AN A ON MY PHYSICS TEST FINALLY

who knew that actually studying means getting a good grade 😅

aNYWAY I MISSED YOU ALL SM LAST WEEK but i was sooo booked cause i had like three exams in two days and it. was. exhausting. but at least it's over now. i just have one more exam in each class and then BAM finals and im one semester closer to graduating again

okay this chapter is sooo adorable imo even though peter or tony aren't really in it but tbh this chapter is really just a long ned leeds appreciation post so

————————————————————

"I swear on my pizza rolls."

————————————————————

Later that day, Adelaide was sitting on the couch, watching nothingness on the tv. Tony was sitting beside her and she knew that he was going to nod off any second.

The day had passed by in a blur of endless conversation. They all obviously had a lot of catching up to do. It seemed that the end of the day and caught them faster than she had expected it to. Adelaide didn't mind at all. She was completely at peace. Even though the unopened boxes of stuff implied that there had been some changes around here, she was grateful that some things never changed.

Like the taste of chocolate. Tony had bought her a box of assorted chocolates as a little welcome back gift and ended up eating most of them by himself and only giving her a couple. She didn't mind though. She had eaten the box that Peter had given her all by herself.

Feeling tired, she sighed, leaning her head back on the couch and looking over her shoulder at the balcony doors behind them. She suddenly spotted the wonderful array of colors streaking through the sky as the sun sank behind the city skyline.

She sat up, shaking Tony's shoulder.

"Come on," she said, waking him up, "Let's go sit on the balcony."

"Huh— it wasn't me," he said, jolting awake from his quasi sleep. Adelaide rolled her eyes.

"Let's go sit on the balcony, I wanna watch the sunset," she said, glancing over her shoulder again. Sunset was her favorite part of the day.

Tony nearly refused and curled back into the couch. But then the billionaire remembered how much he had missed these very moments with Adie. Especially when she had been away. Sometimes, you never understand the value of someone until they're not there. And he had promised himself that he wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. So he put the pillow in his arms aside and rubbed the sleep off his face.

"Alright, let's go," he said, standing up. The teenager beat him to the balcony doors and took her seat in one of the lounge chairs outside. Tony followed suit and closed the balcony door behind himself before taking his seat in the other chair.

They both sat for a very quiet moment, just watching the sun paint the sky a myriad of colors as it slowly fell into the horizon. Adelaide felt herself smiling.

"I missed this," she smiled, "The sunset never looked the same from the fire escape in my apartment."

Tony chuckled and then they lapsed back into their silences.

Adelaide didn't know what she had coming her way and there was no way she could know. But sometimes, there was a beauty in the unknown. She knew that her family now was stronger than before and it was going to take a lot more to tear them apart again. After so many years of looking for a home, she had finally found it. And it was much, much better than she deserved.