Chapter Sixty-Four

A/N: HIIIIII

So. The last chapter happened...*side eyes emoji*

So my body is physically exhausted but I am JACKED with caffeine so my mind is like 'sleep what no is' and I could collapse any second! :D

This chapter marks the start of Homecoming. Also, heads up that my finals week is coming up soon, but lucky for you guys I was really excited about this part of the story so I wrote before I even wrote Adie's memories chapter haha. I have like 2-3 chapters written but they will be pretty short so that's that.

Anyway, who's ready more cryin–Thanksgiving, I mean Thanksgiving... :) *is ready for black friday*

————————————————————
"Go home before it gets dark and I have to

pretend to feel guilty when you get killed."
————————————————————

QUEENS, NEW YORK
THREE MONTHS LATER

The soft sunlight flooded the room until it reached the eyes of a certain teenager.

"Go away," she groaned, rolling away from the window and taking the pillow out from under her head to cover her eyes. Of course, the sun didn't listen.

Then, the sound of her alarm ripped through the room, piercing her ears with its loud shrill. She groaned again in complaint, stuffing her head further into the mattress.

God, she hated the sound of that fucking alarm.

"Shut up!" she groaned, blindly searching for the stupid thing on the chair beside her bed. Her fingers wrapped around the cold metal and she threw it across the room. She heard the satisfying sound of it hitting a wall and falling to the floor which was followed by a peaceful silence.

"Thank fucking god," she breathed into her pillow. (A/N: I am not promoting or supporting using God's name in vain so don't come for me lol!!)

Not even a minute later, she heard a series of loud horns coming from the streets followed by the sounds of her newlywed Indian neighbors fighting for the millionth time. She didn't even bother getting angry over the scratches she heard at her door.

She pounded the wall beside her bed with her fists.

"Shut the hell up!" she shouted at the couple and they fell quiet for a moment.

"Tu chup kara, batameez kuri!" (You shut up, stupid girl!) shouted the woman and Adelaide groaned, kicking her bed while still lying down. God, why couldn't they just move? Oh, that's right. Because their sole purpose was to annoy the shit out of her. Someone should let them know that they had served their purpose painfully well.

"Manjeet, shant ho jao," (Manjeet, calm down) she heard the man telling her and Adelaide rolled her eyes, pushing herself off of the bed. What a great way to start the day.

Now to deal with the relentless scratching at the door.

She marched over to her front door, avoiding the minefield of sticky candy wrappers and chips bags littering the floor. Not even bothered by how horrible her bedhead might look, she swung open her front door and the fat tan cat fell to the floor.

"Mr. Zimmerman!" she shouted, glaring down at the stupid cat which was trying to come inside.

The green door across the hall opened, revealing a bitter old man with a beard too long to be considered normal sitting in his wheelchair. Adelaide didn't bother trying to sympathize because she knew that he didn't need that wheelchair. He only used it whenever he wanted people to think that he was a poor old man who couldn't possibly be a pawn of Satan.