Chapter Seventy-Five

A/N: I. Am. So. Tired. (part of why im publishing this at 12 am and now normal human hours)

Anyway, so life still sucks and school is still hell but Pelosi ripped up Trump's SOTU in front of the entire country and made my week so here I am :)

This chapter is longer than usual!! *cheering in the background* I know the chapters have been short lately, but I'd rather publish something versus nothing lol but y'all get more content with this one. Yay!!

————————————————————
"We thought you were a

drug dealer when we first met you."
————————————————————

"Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield..."

"Do you know him too?" Ned whispered to Peter. They were sitting on the bleachers in gym class, watching the old tv as it played a clip of the super soldier teaching them fitness while standing in a green screen locker room, completely decked out in his suit.

"Yeah, we met," Peter whispered back, eyes trained on the tv. Ned's eyes widened and his jaw slackened. He couldn't believe it. Both of his best friends had met the Avengers. And they didn't even know about each other! He didn't think he was going to be able to keep in a secret as big as this in for much longer.

"...fitness can be the difference between success or failure," Steve continued. Peter glanced at his best friend.

"I stole his shield," he bragged, feigning nonchalance.

"What?" Ned whispered in awe.

"Today, my good friend, your gym teacher..." Captain America said, pointing to his right. Everyone looked to the right to find no one standing there. And then they looked to the left to find their new coach standing there. He waved. Coach Stiles had been fired after he was found stealing the staff's lunches and they replaced him with Coach Wilson. Hopefully, he didn't have a powdered doughnut addiction.

"...will be conducting the Captain America Fitness Challenge," Steve said and gave them a quick salute before the screen transitioned to picture of a patriotic eagle with text that read Station I: Sit-ups.

"Thank you, Captain," Coach Wilson said, "I'm pretty sure this guy's a war criminal now, but whatever. I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it."

Then he blew his whistle.

—————

Gym had become slightly more tolerable.

Considering that they didn't have a freak for a coach, Adelaide didn't find it as painful to suffer through. As Steve had ordered them in the Captain America Fitness Challenge, everyone was doing different stations. Adelaide was doing situps as Michelle held her feet down while reading a book. She sat up, glancing at the cover. The Human Bondage. Weird.

"Which part of me made you think I was Flash?" Adelaide asked as she sat up. Michelle didn't look up from her book.

"I don't know. Will you let it go?" she sighed.

"Was it the hair? Cause I can shave it off," she said with a frown, doing another situp. They were supposed to be counting these, but whatever.

"Adelaide," Michelle sighed, "Let it go."

"Why Flash of all people, though?" Adelaide huffed, sitting up again. Michelle finally pulled the book away from her face, glaring at her.

"Let. It. Go," she groaned. Adelaide studied her for a moment, thinking about something.