Stuck Between Two Rocks

It was about two hours before we were getting ready to leave. Lea, myself, and Nina were sitting outside, watching the guys play football…shirtless. Of course I wasn’t staring at Hayden, but mainly at Kale and Aaron. It was a beautiful sight. I noticed Lea. She was staring at Hayden more than Cody. She always has called my brother hot, or sex on legs. I’m used to hearing that from my friends. Nina was eyeballing Aaron. I really didn’t like that. She wouldn’t stop staring at him, and it was kind of getting on my nerves. Why should I care? I’m not dating him. We decided to remain friends. Despite the mutual feelings we have towards each other, but he seems okay with it. He’s the same, cocky, Aaron he was a month ago. But much cuter.

Once they finished their game, Kale came walking, and then running towards me. He had sweat dripping from his hair, forehead, and his whole body. “Kale! No!” I yelled backing away from him. He was all sweaty and covered in grass. He had an evil grin. This isn’t good. He quickly grabbed me before I could run away from him, and hugged me to his chest. I could feel his sweat going through my shirt. There’s nothing hate more than someone else’s sweat. “You are so dead.” I laughed and struggled to get out of his grip. He moved his hands up, and cupped my face. He gave me a soft kiss before he let me go. “Okay, I forgive you.”

“You have no choice.” He smiled and kissed me again.

“You need a shower.” I whispered.

“Are you offering?” he chuckled and gave me another kiss. It was longer than the rest. A girls squeal, pulled us apart and we looked in the direction we heard it coming from. Aaron was spraying the water hose all over the place, and he sprayed Nina. Nina had to be wearing a white shirt. Is this a wet t-shirt contest? When he finally put the hose down, Nina walked over to him and began to flirt with him. She started spinning her hair around her finger, and touching his arms. They both ignored the fact they were both wet—“Jenny, hello?” Kale’s voice started floating around me. I didn’t know I completely zoned out.

I moved my eyes to his and smiled. “Yeah?”

“Are you okay?”

“Oh, I’m fine.”

“So do you want to?”

He lost me, “Want to what?”

“Wait in my room while I take a shower.” He laughed.

“Uh…sure.”

What is wrong with me? I’m jealous of Nina. She can actually get by flirting with Aaron, but even if I wasn’t dating Kale, I still couldn’t.

I sat on the edge of Kale’s bed while he took a quick shower. When he stepped out of his bathroom, a cloud of steam floated out of the bathroom. He was only in boxers, and damn, did he look amazing. “I have to get back so I can get the last bit of things I need to get together.” I stood up and walked towards the door.

“Okay, I’ll see you in a few.” He gave me a smile before I turned and left. I felt guilty. I didn’t want to leave, but I felt like I had to. I kept thinking about Aaron. Thinking and thinking non-stop. I walked across the lawn, and into my house. It was quiet. I guess everyone is upstairs. I walked up the stairs and up to me room. Before I entered, I heard my bathroom door open. I stopped and backed up a little catching Aaron as he came out. “Did you just come out of my bathroom?”

He raised an eyebrow, “That’s what it looks like.”

I ignored him, and walked back into my room. I could feel Aaron on my heels as he followed close behind. I heard my door close and Aaron’s hands on my waist. “What are you doing?” I asked, trying not to smile. His hands ran down to the hem of my shirt, and his warm hands slid under, giving me chills. “Uh, Aaron? What the hell are you doing?”